Answer
aries23
Concealer for under eye darkness and/or blemishes

I'm looking for a concealer for my under eyes (for dark circles), and blemishes. I am fine buying two different concealers if needed. For my under eyes, I have fine lines and they are dry (but I can fix that with an eye cream), and I need to hide the dark circles. For my blemishes, I would like a concealer that doesn't cake up or accentuate dry patches, lasts well, and one that doesn't cause more acne (I am very acne prone).

If you could recommend a concealer for either of these problems, I would appreciate it so much!

I'm interested in these concealers (but of course am open to others), mainly because the ingredients look better than some others. Let me know if any of you have tried any of these and liked/disliked them:

Nars stick concealer

Bobbi brown creamy concealer or corrector

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

Tarte Amazonian Clay waterproof stick concealer

cover fx cream concealer

Thanks so much!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
serenity505
Answered

I have bought most every concealer on the market at one time or another.  After 40, you search, then your skin changes and you search again, then the season changes and you search more.  Here is a rundown based on your question.

Cover FX is great for Acne prone skin.  It was designed to help people with skin issues of that sort.   It is a full coverage product.

On my mature dry skin it settled in creases a bit but I have more creases than a young person would !.  It works great as long as the primer and setting powder is used as directed.  Stays until you take it off. 

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer is my go -to for under eye. Just the buildable coverage and shades are awesome to find a perfect match even on very fair skin. Looks natural and lasts all day.

Laura Mercier Secret Camaflage -  terrible -

Will not buy again.  Creases and just not good if you have any lines around your eyes or bags.  Might be ok for pimple concealing.  Made my skin look older.

Bobbie Brown - Magical!! -  Correctors and concealers are close to favorite if Tarte maracuja Creaseless didn't exist. 

Nars , never used it . 

One you may have overlooked is Smashbox.  Excellent concealers and I keep them on hand.  Great consistency, shades and no creasing.  I have them in a stick and in a tube.  Both excellent.  Lasts 6 hours at least and longer if using a light setting powder like the MUF HD fine milled loose powder.

Hope this helps a bit!

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • serenity505
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • aries23