Answer
Clinique old tinted moisturizer
(0) Hearts

I loved the old formula for Clinique tinted moisturizer but then they added moisture surge to it and it doesn't work well with my skin. I am looking for a good tinted moisturizer like the old Clinique one with that gel like consistency. If anyone knows a good one please let me know. Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
Answered
(0) Hearts

It sounds like you're talking about the Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint in the long tube they used to carry.  I used to wear that and loved it, but can't stand the Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer or the BB Cream.  They're harder to blend for whatever reason and don't look natural. 

I'm not sure if this suggestion would help, but Laura Mercier makes a great tinted moisturizer that I love and have used for the past six years since I got married.  It's the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20-Oil Free and it's $42, but well worth the price.  One tube of it lasts me at least 6-9 months because you really don't need to use a lot.  The formula is also buildable for a little more coverage.  My skin tone (porcelain fair) is really hard to match, but this in porcelain matches my skin perfectly. 

Another great tinted moisturizer I love is Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30.  There's not a lot of shades so it might be harder to color match your skin, but you really only need a pea-sized amount for your face.  (I learned this the hard way, but got the hang of it after a few attempts.)  It's $45.  This can last me about six months or so, since I tend to rotate this and the LM tinted moisturizer lately.  With a little color on my face, this TM works great for summer.

I hope this helps.

Answered
(0) Hearts

Not sure which Clinique product you are referring to since you didn't list it by name.  But, my holy grail Clinique product was called Almost Foundation (it was basically a tinted moisturizer with moderate instead of sheer coverage).  Unfortunately, they discontinued it and replaced it with Moisture Surge which is not an adequate replacement in my opinion.  I have sinced started using the Clinique BB Cream and the coverage reminds me of my beloved Almost Foundation.  I would recommend getting a sample and trying it to see if you like it.  Before this came out, I was using Clinique Perfectly Real foundation which I liked, but I don't quite need that much coverage so the BB Cream works great for me.  I don't have any skin issues to cover, I only wear BB Cream or tinted moisturizer to give my face some color because I wear such a high SPF that it is pale in comparison to my body.  Good luck!  Hope this helps! 

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation