Answer
daniluv
Blush for every day use (light/medium skin)

Hello again...

Well, some of you are following my steps on my new make-up life.

Now its time to chose an everyday blush, one to carry on my purse for touch ups through out the day.

Since I am new on this make-up daily routine kind of thing, I am afraind of cream blushes. It reminds me the 70's... and I am afraid of getting all blocthy and pinky read, and mess-up bad (should I be afraid?)  Are powder blushes so much safer?

What color would you recommend for an everyday use ? I am light to medium color skinned.  I am not very concerned with price but with the quality of products I use on my face since I have rosecea and I am almost 50 .  (my husband is laughing hard saying I am only 47 and all the responses will start as "hello grandma" LOL.  Please dont...   LOL

Thanks for any input, tips and comments you can help me with.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
tamikay
Answered

I turned 50 in Sept. and like you, remember the cream blushes of the 70's.  I just started using them again in the past year. lol!  use the pink spongey Beauty Blender to apply a cream blush.  Just blot it on the blush then blot it on your cheeks like you are using a stippling brush (which you can also use the same way).  The Beauty Blender makes application so easy with no pink fingers.  I wet the sponge really well, squeeze out excess water, squeeze inside a dry towel.  I have alot of brushes but have not had success using these with cream blushes, but very easy with the Beauty Blender.  This also makes the application of liquid foundations a piece of cake also.  Apply foundation to back of hand then dab with Beauty Blender and apply to face the same as the blush in a blotting way.  When I use a powder blush I use a flat head brush to blend.  Always use a blender brush to blend in powder foundations and blushes. Just makes makeup so much more natural looking without blotches and misses.  A light up magnifying mirror is one of my favorite tools also.  I got mine at CVS for about $20.  Hope this helps.  Dont give up.  Just practice and have fun.

daniluv
(0) Hearts

Hi Tamikay! I am glad you can relate to what I was talking about the 70's blushes! I was wondering if it was just me that was traumatized by that (LOL). I will look into the Beauty blender which I have to say I have never used before.
And I agree with you a light mirror is a life savor, a nice big window too :smileywink:
Thanks for all the tips and support!

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 23 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • eastakrongirl
    • katie1724
    • officegal
    • prettyinpa
    • islandqt
    • anaa