Answer
daniluv
Blush for every day use (light/medium skin)

Hello again...

Well, some of you are following my steps on my new make-up life.

Now its time to chose an everyday blush, one to carry on my purse for touch ups through out the day.

Since I am new on this make-up daily routine kind of thing, I am afraind of cream blushes. It reminds me the 70's... and I am afraid of getting all blocthy and pinky read, and mess-up bad (should I be afraid?)  Are powder blushes so much safer?

What color would you recommend for an everyday use ? I am light to medium color skinned.  I am not very concerned with price but with the quality of products I use on my face since I have rosecea and I am almost 50 .  (my husband is laughing hard saying I am only 47 and all the responses will start as "hello grandma" LOL.  Please dont...   LOL

Thanks for any input, tips and comments you can help me with.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
islandqt
Answered

Hey Gra...oh right.. hehe :smileyhappy:

I find it interesting that you want an "everyday" blush. I'm going to assume that you mean a blush that is not too vivid or vibrant/shocking.

First let me say that any blush can be an "everyday" blush once you apply it very lightly with the right brush.

If you own a fan brush, stippling brush or a big fluggy (but still pointed) blush brush then that's 3/4 the battle!

Also, I'm not sure about your skin concerns but as we get older our skin tends to veer to the dry side, so I really think you ought not to cancel out cream blush just yet. It is the best way to get a dewy glow! Again it also depends on your technique. If you dot it on and blend little by little you shouldn't have a problem. Today's cream blushes are made to be buildable and sheer out very nicely. OR you could go for a cheek stain!

Some blushes I would recommend:

NARS: Douceur, Madly, Sex Appeal

Tarte cheek stain in Dollface and Tipsy: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P38468&categoryId=B70

MAC: Cubic, Tenderling, Sincere, Trace Gold, Sunbasque

Some cream blushes to consider:

Illamasqua - Rude http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P241707&categoryId=RVP

NARS multiple in South Beach http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P2866&categoryId=B70

Also, have you considered using Clinique's urgent redness relief cream to help with the rosacea? Or a green primer from Smashbox or Make Up Forever to help cancel out the red in your face? Perhaps you should sample on or two.

Hope that helps!!! 

daniluv
(0) Hearts

Hey Islandqt! You know, I have a thing about MAC. I love the brand. I have their brushes, facepowder, shadows and fixing powder... never tried the cream blushes tho. Recently I was at the store to purchase a highlighter. The MUA showed me a cream and a mineralize powder version. I of course I was afraid of the cream and end up buyin the powder (LOL). But I might go there and try the cream since you and the other girls here mentioned this version so dearly.
But I still have a question.... If opt for a cream and use my fingers and have this on my purse for my "every-day-use" (on the go, run, in between events) if I dont have a sink where I can wash my hands will I end up with pink fingers. Will I not? In that case what do you suggest?
Thanks again and be certain I will try and look for all the colors and suggestions you made. :smileyhappy:

islandqt
I was being kind of general with the cream blush suggestion. When I put on cream blush I never really need to touch it up and this is especially true if you use a stain like the ones from Tarte. If it's going to go into your purse I say stick with the powder and pack a mini blush brush.
Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 23 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • eastakrongirl
    • katie1724
    • officegal
    • prettyinpa
    • islandqt
    • anaa
    • tinyjenny