Answer
daniluv
Blush for every day use (light/medium skin)

Hello again...

Well, some of you are following my steps on my new make-up life.

Now its time to chose an everyday blush, one to carry on my purse for touch ups through out the day.

Since I am new on this make-up daily routine kind of thing, I am afraind of cream blushes. It reminds me the 70's... and I am afraid of getting all blocthy and pinky read, and mess-up bad (should I be afraid?)  Are powder blushes so much safer?

What color would you recommend for an everyday use ? I am light to medium color skinned.  I am not very concerned with price but with the quality of products I use on my face since I have rosecea and I am almost 50 .  (my husband is laughing hard saying I am only 47 and all the responses will start as "hello grandma" LOL.  Please dont...   LOL

Thanks for any input, tips and comments you can help me with.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
prettyinpa
Answered

Nars makes very nice cream blushes, and no, I don't think you have to worry about 70's looking blush, just use a thin coat, then blend, blend, blend!  If you want darker, just build color with more layers. Also, after you put on your blush and finished blending, go to a window with natural light and check to make sure you have a natural looking application, indoor light can be tricky to get a good look. If you don't have a window, consider a lighted makeup mirror, they make ones with a daylight look.

My favorite blushes from Nars are Multiples in Orgasm and Riviera.

daniluv
(0) Hearts

First thanks to all comments, and suggestions you made. Be sure I will look into all of them.
But I do have a question regarding NARS Orgasm Blush: How shimmer is it? Can I use it during the day without looking too much?

Thanks again!

prettyinpa
I don't think it's very shimmery (though this is my opinion and I got called out on it in a different post, it is definitely NOT matte). I wear it every day and find it is less shimmery than say, Too Faced Pink Leopard (another of my faves). If I mix Benefit High Beam with my foundation for more illumination, say, it's about that shimmery, if this makes sense to you?
katie1724
Orgasm isn't super shimmery, but it does have a little bit. Deep Throat is a good alternative to Orgasm -- it's almost the same, just a little less bright and sparkly. : )
daniluv
(0) Hearts

Thanks both of you girls. Now its pretty clear to my how shimmer of Nars Orgasm. =)

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 23 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • eastakrongirl
    • katie1724
    • officegal
    • prettyinpa
    • islandqt
    • anaa
    • tinyjenny