Answer
kd24
Accepted Solution
Best liquid foundation for oily/acne prone skin for summer
(0) Hearts

I sadly have oily skin and am in need of some good liquid foundation for the summer. Mineral/powder foundation would do no good for me. I have acne prone skin and it doesn't cover like I would prefer it to. I just want liquid all the way. I like a Lancome brand but since I'm in Canada, it won't ship to me and I don't necessarily make many trips to the nearest Sephora. So, I need help!

What is the best liquid foundation that can withstand the heat, humidity, sweat and what nots to do with summer?

Please and thank you!:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
jenniebug
Answered

I also have oily skin and needed a liquid foundation that wouldn't worsen my acne while giving me good coverage and able to stand sweaty, hot summer skin. The one I use is Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Foundation. IT'S ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! It goes on your face liquid and dries like a smooth powdery-finish and you CAN'T tell you're even wearing anything on your face while getting amazing coverage and NOT having to worry at all what the  make-up is doing to your skin since it's got acne medication in the foundation. It lasts ALL DAY!!! I've worn it in really hot weather where I was sure it would smear off my face or look like I'd needed to re-do my whole face make up and it was PERFECT!!! I do apply some Clinique pressed powder just to help it stay and give it a more "finished" look but seriously, this liquid foundation is the best ever, especially for acne prone skin and for warm/hot, sweaty, humid weather.

Answers: 4
ran8
Answered

Humidity is not foundation friendly; especially after long periods of being outdoors.  The best way to keep it from falling off too fast would be to use a primer designed for oily skin. 

If you really love Lancome, try their official Canadian site.  They do offer shipping to Canadian addresses there if those items are not available through sephora.com. 

mariajean
Answered
(0) Hearts

I highly recommend the Tarte ReCreate foundation, since it's liquid and natural so if you sweat it helps with acne prone skin I live where in the summer it's in the 120's and it still looks flawless after a long day, you can build the coverage (medium to full) and it does last a good amount of time so you don't have to constantly go buy a new one, If you use and good primer under it helps a lot also. I set it with the Tarte Smooth Operator loose powder and that help with oils that your skin produces :smileyhappy:

marciejo
Answered
(0) Hearts

Liquid Foundation   see_all

TEINT RESIST
Long Wear Endless Comfort Transfer Resistant Foundation SPF10

, $55

I've used this in some pretty sweaty situations and it really does last.  Expensive, but I don't used it everyday either.  Only when I want extra coverage when attending an event or meeting or something.  I always use a primer underneath, Fusion Beauty Primer, and cover with a mineral powder.  Seems to last for me and I have very oily skin.

mrsat
Answered
(0) Hearts

I am a black women with Mocha oily skin please help with a foundation that control the oil in my skin

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • kd24
    • drnana8
    • ran8
    • marciejo
    • jenniebug
    • mariajean
    • mrsat