Answer
alare
Accepted Solution
Best foundation for sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin?
[ Edited ]

I have battled acne for about 10 years now and while my skin has improved so much over the years.... I have mild acne around the jawline and I don't like to use too much concealer to cover it up.  I'll get the occasionally monthly breakouts on my chin and forehead as well.

I'm currently using Sephora's Instant Radiance foundation because the color is a great match for my skin tone.  However, I was wondering if anyone recommends something else for acne-prone skin.  I want something that is medium to full coverage that won't break me out or feel like I'm wearing makeup.

I want to try MAC's stuido fix fluid but I heard from so many reviewers that it breaks them out horribly!  What do you all think?  

Foundaitons I've tried in the past that I can remember...

-L'oreal true match

-Clinique Superbalanced

-Bare Escentuals (used this for about 4 years and for whatever reason, it started to break me out; it's why I switched).

I'd like some of your opinions, high end to drugstore :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
lil4tentechie
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hi, I also have "Complex" skin and a history of jawline acne..Terrible scaring. I have had lots of trouble finding the right balance.  I tried Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra in the store recently, and it disappeared yet covers perfectly and it is very buildable, it covered my acne scars, big plus! 

I start with Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer and HD Primer (blue) then pump only one pump out for full coverage or for lighter coverage a few dots in needed areas.

I rotate my facial cleansers because I have "Complex" skin, oily, dry and sensitive. I used to have bad acne and I have that under control by making sure my face is calm. I use Lancome Galatee Confort in the evening and, I love REN Clear Calm 3 for my day cleansing.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • lil4tentechie
    • alare
    • jnapoles
    • beautybynicci
    • DeltaGammaGirl
    • keking