Answer
canseethruu
Best Oil Free Primers?
Ok, I have a question about Primers for my oily skin. I have been through Smashbox, Tarte, Laura Mercier Radiance Primer (I know its not oil free), maybe another one or two brands.
I have my skincare routine down, using PTR, and its worked wonders for me! I changed from Smashbox BB cream, to Tarte Tinted Moisturizer, then to Dr. Jart Black Detox BB cream. I had been waiting for a long time for the new Dr Jart Black Detox BB cream to become available.
It does do a lot more for my skin, but I'm finding that I get extremely oily with any of the above mentioned Primers. I have been looking into a few lightweight, oil free Primers, I have narrowed down the list to get opinions on :
Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, Tarina Tarantino Glow Pearl Primer, Urban Decay has 2 face primers I haven't seen before, Too Faced Primed and Poreless oil free white bottle, and PTR makes an Un - Wrinkle Primer (not sold at Sephora)
Does anyone have any experience with any of the Primers that I mentioned, and had good luck with having oily skin? I would truly appreciate any advice or opions :-)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
pbcup04
Answered

Hi, I too have extremely oliy skin and have tried several differnet primers.  I most definitely have to agree with the one blogger who recommended Houglass Mineral Veil.  While it is very expensive, the jar will last a long time.  Ii've had my bottle for about 6 months....you only need 1 pump for your whole face.  It makes your face feel fabulous.  As far as decreasing the oiliness though, I'm not yet convinced it's my HG.  I asked the experts, and one of them suggeted the Givenchy Mister Mat.  She felt that the HG Mineral Veil was a bit too heavy for my extremely ( and I mean extremely oily) oily skin. With that being said, the HG has performed better that any other primer I have tried so far....ANY....Urban Decay, Nars, Murad, PTR, VICHY, MUFE, Smashbox, Smashbox Lite...and the list goes on.  But, I've just purchase the Givnechy to see if it actually is better than the HG.  If not, I'm going to try the New Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay Matte Hydrator.  Usually I don't care for Clinique, but this product has had really great reviews as far as decreasing oil.  Best of luck.

missconduct
I recently stopped using the Clinique Pore Refining Stay Matte Hydrator. Initially, I was one of those people giving it a rave review after the first few weeks of using it. However, a month later and I've realized this product has been causing more harm than good. I only use it on my chin and forehead since that is where I am the most oily, and over time - it's dried out the area which has created more oil. I've stopped using it for the last two days, and went back to my HG primer, and seen the benefits. Can something be returned without it's box?
canseethruu
Hi pbcup04,
The more I hear the positive feedback about Hourglass, I think that's definitely next on my list! I truly love what the Benefit Porefessional Primer does, but it's not a true primer, more of a spackle for the pores, but it works, especially over makeup.
I'm going to have to agree with misconduct regarding the Clinique Pore Refining Stay Matte Hydrator, I cannot personally attest to using it since the reformulation, however, I did use it about 20 years ago, seriously. I just keep coming across more Clinique that I have totally left in the wind, after 24 years of using it. I just keep taking it back to Macy's since its been sitting under the cabinet since I found Sephora, and a big girl skincare routine!

Misconduct, I believe you can return items without the box. If you have your receipt, they will give you a refund, or if don't have it, they'll give you a store credit I believe. I hope you get your primer issues get better :-)
missconduct
(0) Hearts
Thanks canseethruu! I'll definitely be bringing it back then during my next Sephora trip!
canseethruu
(0) Hearts
You're very welcome! I am the queen of exchanges when a product doesn't work for me, and sometimes I cannot find the box or receipt, and they're really nice about it.
Best of luck to finding that perfect product :-)
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 18 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • missconduct
    • ChicDabbler
    • makeupobesessed
    • canseethruu
    • cryshun
    • pbcup04