Answer
tenacious
Accepted Solution
Bare Minerals vs Laura Mercier

Just purchased BareEscentuals a week ago and so far its just ok, I use to have Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and I'm considering switching back. Any suggestions for BM? It seems to go on cakey and it  doesn't give me the coverage that I need.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

Are you using a foundation primer underneath the BE foundation?  If not, that may be why you're not getting even coverage.  There is a foundation primer that's made specifically for mineral foundations called BE bareMinerals Prime Time which you can read all about at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=RFZCFLUX4AILGCV0KQRRHOQ?id=P182405&categoryId=B70

The foundation primer will make the foundation go on smoother, last longer and give you better coverage.

If you are using a primer or if you try the primer and still don't like the BE, then I'd switch back to the LM Tinted Moisturizer that you were using if you liked it.  Sephora has a great return policy.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

Answers: 2
madridista7
Answered
(0) Hearts

My friend also used BE foundations and at first she didn't like it. But then she started mixing her mineral foundation with a moisturizer/primer and it went on virtually like a liquid foundation but gave her fuller coverage and a less cakey look. You could try that, and it sounds a little gross but it really isn't, my friend just makes sure to wash her brush religiously (ever other day)/.

Also, what brushes are you using? You may want to consider a more dense brush than you have if you are not getting the desired full coverage. 

elysemckenna
Answered
(0) Hearts
I use BM in the summer when my skin is more oily, and LM in the fall/winter when skin is dryer. I didn't like the BM primer and found I was still flaky.. Try the LM hydrating primer under the BM... I use LM primer under both with good results. Good luck!
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • madridista7
    • tenacious
    • elysemckenna