Answer
alissonnj
Accepted Solution
Are MAKE UP FOR EVER products cruelty free?

I should have looked into this before buying - I love their HD foundation and am now wondering how animal friendly they are. Anyone have any insight? TIA

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
tenngal
Answered

Make Up For Ever does not do animal testing.  So, feel free to buy MUFE brand because it's cruelty-free!

As a fellow animal lover, I'd like to say thanks for caring! :smileyhappy:

katie1724
(0) Hearts
Just out of curiosity -- where did you find that? I looked, even at PETA, and I couldn't find anything.
hkrgrl
They are not cruelty-free. I dug around and found out that even though they may not test on animals, they buy ingredients from companies who do. So in my mind, that does not make them cruelty-free. This happens with a lot of the make-up companies out there. Even if the company selling the makeup doesn't test on animals, their ingredients come from companies that do. :smileysad: So if you're shopping for cruelty-free like I do, you've really gotta dig around to find out what you're getting. Sometimes you have to find out what company owns the makeup brand first before you can find the correct info on PETA or elsewhere. In this case, it's LVMH (Louis Vuitton), a holding company that owns Sephora too. Plus LV uses fur, so if you love animals don't support their makeup lines like MUFE.
gunmetal
(0) Hearts
Can you site your sources, please? I haven't been able to find anything like that on my searches.
traceed
(0) Hearts
Urban Decay and Too Faced are the only lines Sephora carries that is truly cruelty free. If your in a drug store look for NYX. It's not the quality of UD but it's a great buy for how cheap it is.
Question Stats
  • 14 answers
  • 14 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • sarithor
    • dollface5166
    • alissonnj
    • jillian7
    • traceed
    • ajparks