Answer
binahazel
Annoyed
(0) Hearts

Is it possible to have rosy cheeks but still have yellow undertiones to your skin?  All the foundations that various cosmetic store employees have recommended for me make my skin look orange and they're all  pinkish undertones. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
powderedpeach
Answered

A lot of foundation ranges have an abnormal amount of pink shades, and they could just have bad colors to choose from.  Take a look at the color range before you match up to see if they actually look like the colors of human skin.  Sometimes you'll be able to see in the bottle that it would've turned anyone orange.

Regardless, rosy cheeks are generally from surface tones...not necessarily undertones.  If you have redness on your cheeks, this is not the best place to test your foundation.  Try testing it on your forehead for a better match, then double check it underneath your jawline where it meets your neck.  It's not the standard way to do it, but it helps me a lot. 

If that doesn't work, you could always use a yellow or green primer underneath to color correct this area before trying to even it out with foundation.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • binahazel
    • powderedpeach
    • ChicDabbler
    • Ulzzangeeee