Answer
wavesofgrace
An under eye concealer similar to MUFE HD but less expensive?

Hi There!

I absolutely love my MUFE HD Concealer, but it's just too expensive.  At .05 oz per tube, I'm having to replace it nearly every month-- and it's $28.  That's like paying a gym membership right there!

Anyway, I'm looking for something natural-looking and preferably liquid.  I also really like something with a subtle brightening effect, because I fell in love with the soft focus effect that the MUFE HD creates around the eye.

I don't mind paying $28 for a concealer if it actually gets me a decent amount of product... So, to sum it up, here are my criteria: 

• natural-looking liquid concealer
  • subtle brightening effects
  • good value
  • bonus points for decent staying power and coverage

Thanks! :0)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
sherri
Answered

I would highly recommend MUFE Full Cover Concealer, if you dont mind paying the $30 price tag. In my opinion it is better than the HD concealer (in terms of pigmentation and staying power). Since it is very pigmented, a little goes a long way, so the tube will last you a good 6 months or much more depending on how often you use the product. The only thing is, that it has a matte finish so it wont provide the soft focus effect that HD does. You can also try Amazing cosmetics concealer, that is heavily pigmented and leaves a slight soft finish. Smashbox concealer is good, lasting power not so great. Clinique all about eyes is decent as well (moderate coverage, doesnt settle in fine lines, lasting power is decent as well). Hopefully you can find the right product for yourself. Do come back and update us with your find. :smileyhappy:

pandapple6
Answered

Try Benefit's Stay Don't Stay Primer and concealer. It is a liquid and it is VERY concentrated so you only need the tiniest bit for both eye (And I don't exaggerate, less then half a pump of product!). It is $26 and very worth it. It is a primer and concealer so it will stay on all day.

Sephora: Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray: Concealer/Shadow Base

Stay Don't Stray

Hope this helped :smileyvery-happy: 

Sephora: Benefit Cosmetics Ready...Set...STAY! Eye Trio ($56 Value): Combination Sets

Sephora: Benefit Cosmetics Stay Put Set ($35 Value): Combination Sets

Here is the product with bonuses and a mini one :smileyvery-happy: Erase paste is also a good concealer. 

tiffanybt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi wavesofgrace. Here are a couple of my favorite concealers that are similar to the Make Up For Ever HD concealer.

Smashbox High Definition Concealer

smashbox.jpg

Sephora Collection Smoothing & Brightening Concealer

sephora.jpg

I hope this helps! :smileywink:

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • sherri
    • tiffanybt
    • pandapple6