Answer
nattygirl
Allergic to Laura Mercier
(0) Hearts

I was always under the impression that Laura Mercier products were really gentle and generally good for sensitive skin. Of course I understand the products won't agree with some people, and I'm one of them! I tried her Oil-Free Foundation Primer, Silk Creme Foundation, and Oil-Free Supreme foundation, and all of them made my face itchy and gave me little bumps. I've been using the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, but it's so expensive, that I'd really like to try something a bit cheaper this time. I've posted on here about primers before and everyone recommends Smashbox, but I've tried that and it makes me break out like crazy. I've also tried Too Faced Primed and Poreless original, and it was just too heavy and did not make my makeup last or control any oil. As for my skin... it's is oily/combination, and I'm looking for a primer that isn't incredibly greasy/silicony feeling, and helps my makeup last for long periods of time, while helping to control a bit of oil. Not exactly asking for miracles here! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
idiosyncraddict
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have oily combo skin too and I've been using Benefit's The POREfessional as my primer. It seems to help minimize the oil, goes on silky smooth and is very light weight. Doesn't have that silicone feel to it. A little of this goes a long way. Has never caused me any acne and I get a great finish with it under my foundation and powder. Give it a try =)

http://www.sephora.com/the-porefessional-P264900?skuId=1259068

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • nattygirl
    • ChicDabbler
    • mrsl81
    • idiosyncraddict