Answer
A natural face

I want a foundation or bb cream that has a very sheer coverage, and natural look, but on the other side I have oily skin ? Anything good

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 10
Answered

It's very hard to find sheer coverage foundations for oily skin. Oily skin needs a matte finish and most matte finish foundations have medium to full coverage. 

Two products I can recommend are the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and the new Laura Mercier Flawless Fluid foundation. The Double Wear Light has light to medium coverage and sets to a natural matte finish. It's not too dewy and it's not too matte. I've been using a small sample and it doesn't last as long as I would like it to on my oily skin. You might need a primer and a setting powder to make it last long. The Flawless Fluide also has light to medium coverage and sets to a matte finish. It doesn't look dry or cakey. Both of these foundations look very natural because your skin still shows through. 

Answered

Hi there! I too have oily skin and the best foundation I have ever used is Hourglass' Immaculate Liquid to powder foundation. It is on the pricey side, however, I mix it with my daily sunscreen to make it more light weight and provide sunscreen protection. Also, Tarte makes a BB primer that provides no extra moisture for oily skin. Hope this helps!! I love them both :smileyhappy:

Answered

I tried Bare Minerals' Bareskin foundation and I think it has what you're looking for. It's a light coverage, liquid to powder foundation that may do well for your oily skin. Just be sure to find a good primer! I used smashbox's photofinish primer :smileyhappy: 

http://m.sephora.com/product/P385364

Answered

If you're looking for something that won't enhance or play up shine for skin that is already oily, but won't mask skin in a heavy formula, opt for some of the below choices:

-Dr. Brandt's BB Matte Signature Shinerase, this BB cream aids in controlling oil and giving a soft matte finish to skin, designed for oily skin types. 

-Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream, this BB cream tends to give a bit more coverage than other BBs on the market; however, it's definitely not as thick or on the level of full coverage like a foundation, it's a step up in opacity compared to the Dr. Brandt but still aids in mattifying on a more natural level so oily skin won't look dried.

-Smashbox Liquid Halo Foundation, this light to medium coverage foundation offers flexibility with being buildable but keeping to a natural, healthy finish so once again skin doesn't look dried out or dried down but has that lit from within look. The formula is lightweight and features gel-encapsulated pigments to where you don't feel like extensive layers are weighing down on skin and includes optical diffusers to play on light to give a more perfected quality to skin.

-Tarte Colored Clay CC Primer, this CC stick is made to suit those with oily/combination skin with it's infusion of Amazonian clay to absorb oil and shine and drying down to a soft powder finish. The formula glides on skin easily and gives a soft matte finish with green and lavender portions to also help balance the complexion and its undertones for a more even look.

Answered

My eldest daughter has very oily skin and is currently loving Estee Lauder's Clear Difference BB Cream. It looks sheer on her, yet covers up scars from blemishes she has squeezed!

Answered
(0) Hearts

Tarte's Amazonian Clay Collection has an awesome BB Cream. I also have oily and sensitive skin and this has been my favorite for awhile. Always finish with translucent powder. Also try a primer that mattifies. Too Faced Hangover Rx primer is AMAZING!

Answered
(0) Hearts

I love the Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizing Balm its great for the winter time.

Answered
(0) Hearts

I have an oily T-zone, and I really like the Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB Cream, set with a translucent, mattifying powder (I've been using a NARS loose powder recently).

Good luck!

Answered
(0) Hearts

I definitely agree that the Tarte bb cream is fantastic, as well as the Laura Mercier flawless fluid!  My suggestion would be to check out the Perricone MD no foundation foundation serum.  it is super light and has a lot of great benefits.  I am actually making it my next purchase.  Another great new option is Lancôme nude miracle.

Answered
(0) Hearts

I have oily skin as well. I'm using Jane Iredale's mineral foundation (Purepressed SPF 20), and then I set it with their Balance Antioxidant Hydration Spray. It's very natural looking and doesn't cake at all, and it looks like your skin but better!

The cool thing is that you can take a quiz on their website to find the best product for your needs, and a customer representative emails you to follow up. You can get quite generous samples of most of their products too - I received a sample of the mineral foundation and I'm still using it! You really get a chance to try their products out before purchasing.

Question Stats
  • 10 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 11 in conversation