Answer
elipeanut
A great foundation for Combo skin?
(0) Hearts

I'm looking into a new foundation for my combo skin. Anything worth giving a try. Iv'e seen quite a few ones ( The Tarte and Benefit one have my eye) But I'm just not sure what would be good. I have oily skin and dry flaky patches so not a lot of foundations work for me. Any advice would be great. Thanks a bunch!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
projill
Answered
(0) Hearts

I would start by using skincare to help balance your skin.  A good moisturizer can help with the dry flaky skin on your cheeks and also help regulate the oil production you are experiencing in your T-Zone.  Also, try to exfoliate a couple of times a week because this will also help smooth out texture and keep your skin soft and supple.

Once you start balancing out your skin your foundations will go on and look much better.  Depending on the coverage you desire there are some great foundations options for you.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation is perfect for combination skin because it balances.  It is more of a clay like texture and it does have full coverage- a little goes a long way and I definitely recommend moisturizing really well so that your cheeks stay hydrated.

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation is great for a luminous finish.  It has about a medium coverage, but if you are worried about being oily and you want this foundation, then definitely set it with a translucent powder that absorbs oil like Tarte Amazonian Clay Powder.

I love using NARS Sheer Glow on combination skin as it makes the dry areas look healthy and it also is longwearing and won't be too oily for the T-Zone.  

Using a primer to help control oil will help any of these foundations stay on and keep you balanced.  Try Hourglass Veil Primer for a long wearing flawless finish.

xoxo

Jill

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • elipeanut
    • projill