Answer
wrigley0313
A bride in search of full coverage foundation...

I'd say I have normal to oily skin and I'm frankly looking for a foundation that will stay on all day long, dangit!

I have been a Bare Minerals user for about 4 years but I find after about two hours the foundation begins to wear off and it needs to be reapplied frequently. Love the feel but hate the coverage. I have tried using the BM oil-free primer but when it dries, it flakes up and looks terrible.

Upon recommendation I switched to Korres mineral foundation, which I like better and I feel has better, longer lasting coverage but it still doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. You can still see any blemishes I have within 3-4 hours of wear. 

I'm getting married in July and I don't want my makeup to wear off in 4 hours especially in the July heat. I've heard of Laura Mercier's foundations and CoverFX but I don't know which may be better or if there's anything else equally as good or better. I need something that looks great in photos and lasts. Any suggestions for a decent foundation with full, long-lasting coverage? Or a good primer for that matter?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
synik99
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have combo normal-to-oily skin, and I spent years using Bare Minerals - but I found that in the hot summers here (I live in Florida), it would almost melt off.  Which always seemed odd for a minerla/powder based foundation, but anyways....  (Just to say - I think BM is wonderful in dry heat - when I lived in California, it made me positively glow!)

Ok, ok, I digress.  So after abandoning BM, I went on a hunt - I tried Smashbox, MAC, Laura Mercier (which wasn't bad), and many more - but stopped hunting with MakeUp Forever's HD120.  It feels incredibly light - not heavy or goopy - but I get nice, full coverage - I know I have it on by what it covers - but it doesn't feel like I have it on.  I think foundation as a whole is extremely specific to not just your personal preferences, but your biology, diet, routine, enivronment - so you should definitely try to test a sample for a few days if you can before committing.  That being said, give HD120 a shot!  Oh - i also use the BeautyBlender sponges to apply.  I choked on the price at first, but they are SO worth the price!

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • sherri
    • islandqt
    • waterbaby1981
    • synik99
    • artemisgem
    • wrigley0313
    • runaway21