msperfect

your thoughts on....colored eyeliner

What does everyone think about colored eyeliner? And what color would look best on green eyes?

snowshoe

Re: your thoughts on....colored eyeliner

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Colored eyeliners are brilliant.  Then again, I have brown eyes so I can wear nearly any color and it'll look brilliant :smileyhappy:

For green eyes, I'd guess that the warmer red-plum shades would be striking. 

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

My cose femae friend has bright red hair and green eyes, I hav seen her wear make up for onger than I can remember.I do know that when she wears KHAKI or a lighter brown with some sparkle, she is constantly getting compliments on how beautiful she is. I think the KHAKI coor is the ultimate best , but both those colors look good. And to answer the other part of your question, I will aways have a back eye liner on hand as well as one in every color ( except white, pink, and yellow because with my brown eyes and my skin is no longer bleached  and back to its normal color, those 3 liner colors just do not work for me, when I tried them they were AVON and they were very hard and that made them impossible to get on - I like my liners with a deep pigmentation )

shortstuff07

I very seldom wear black liner, colored liner all the way!  I have green eyes as well, and I find purples, blues, greens, and pretty much any color works!  Purple is my favorite, Urban Decay's Psychedelic Sister is my go to. Truthfully, there isn't a color that will look bad if applied correctly, so go wild!  

porcelain34

I think coloured eyeliner is great for playing up your eyes without having to go crazy with shadows.  I just recently bought the Stila liquid liner in periwinkle and am in love.  I have very dark brown eyes and very fair skin so the colour really makes my eyes pop.  It is also a great way to mix hot seasonal colours into your look. 

neko333

I have red hair, fair skin, and green eyes. I often use colored eyeliner, especially when I'm in a hurry! I normally will prime my eyes, sweep a soft shimmery shade from brow bone to crease , and then line my eyes. It's the quick easy way of making your eyes pop without being overdone for daytime. I use the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in 1999. I think this shade has been discontinued though. However I find any plum colored eyeliner works great. I also have purples and greens but the plum is the best for everyday. 

upload_1839668096696056799.jpg

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

This makes me want 1999!!

ireneh

I have 1999 to trade, if anyone's interested :smileyhappy: Please message me!

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

PM sent!! :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

I don't go crazy with colors but I have just about every brown liner in the Urban Decay lineup.  :smileyhappy:  I also love their greens (like Stash), purples (like Rockstar and Tornado and Delinquent), and I also like to do accent lines over my top lashine liner and partway under my lower lashline liner.  For instance, I can line with a dark brown and then draw an accent line with copper or burgundy liner.  One time I used LORAC Pro palette color "Garnet" wet as an accent line, now I have their pro metallic liner in Dark Ruby on its way to me for some fun makeup!!  :smileyhappy:

So if I had to characterize my makeup, I would say I lean conservative but that I like to add a small bit of flash sometimes for fun.  :smileyhappy:  I always wear shadows too, if you are intending on JUST liners I am not sure if it would work exactly the same.

Oh yes...I have green eyes.  I get most of my comments when I wear copper shadows and/or liners.

jozkid

Have you ever tried Scorch? It's gold, but not crazy out there color-wise. I have blue-green eyes and a little on the top lid looks really cool!

SydBristow

Yes, I like Scorch too! Very pretty!!

sammiebaby

(0) Hearts

Hi hi!

I like using colored liners when I do really simple make-up.  It just gives a subtle yet interesting look to something plain.  Purple & Pinks look really good against green and make it pop.  You can also try Greens or Teal to make green eyes greener.  Brown will give more of a down to earth feel and always looks good against green.

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

I love colored eyeliner. Great way to show off eyes in a more subtle way than colored shadow.

If your skin color runs a bit cooler, try a gray eyeliner. UD 24/7 pencil in Smoke looks amazing. Also for green eyes, as others have suggested, try brown, navy, purple. Maybe try green too.

If you're more conservative in your makeup, then try to choose shades that are a bit more black-based and have no shimmer. Also avoid the more "wild" colors like teal, orange, pink, etc., at least until you've mastered technique and feel comfortable in more subdued colors.

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Have you tried navy?  I love navy on everyone....It's kind of like black...goes with everything....

StyleLynn

(0) Hearts

I love colored eyeliner. I find myself playing around with colored eyeliner more so than colored eyeshadow these days. For green eyes I would recommend violet or plum colors :smileyhappy:

MikuNerd65

[ Edited ]

I love colored eyeliner! I have about two of my favorites one is purple and the other is aqua...

IMG_20140220_203415_0.jpg

if you can see the purple... I have no current picture of the aqua..but i'mma tell you I get alot of compliments when I have the purple eyeliner. 

I hear purple is every good for green eyes...

RolyPoly

(0) Hearts

Brown, green, lime green, light brown, gold, and yellow would look great on green eyes. I love colored eyeliner because it can brighten eyes up when they are tired.

VioletVelocity

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Personally, I don't love colored eyeliner, but I do love eyeliner in general. It's a great way to get your eyes to pop and look more stunning than they actually are. I have hazel eyes and I've noticed that darker colors like black, purple, and navy blue look gorgeous on hazel and green eyes. Darker colors make the flecks of green in your eyes pop! I use Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion and it makes the greens in my eyes look greener than the brown in my eyes. I've noticed that waterline eyeliner helps to draw attention to the eyes as well.

Penaloza1

I LOVE colored liner.I have brown eyes, and I love a good green, teal, or blue eyeliner.Liquid, pencil, or game.

Have you ever tried purple eyeliner?I think that would be a beautiful combo.

LariTheLoud

[ Edited ]

I agree, definitely try purple eyeliner for green eyes! I have green eyes and I love the combination. Hot pink/fuchsia also pairs very strikingly with green eyes, if you're up for something that really pops. :smileyhappy: Brown (and not solid black) is also nice for a subtler look, and compliments green eyes nicely.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • sammiebaby
    • neko333
    • StyleLynn
    • porcelain34
    • snowshoe
    • SydBristow