bebby

what makeup brand is better for oily eye lids urban decay or lorac?

(0) Hearts

Loretta55

Re: what makeup brand is better for oily eye lids urban decay or lorac?

I have oily eyelids and tried Tarte Clean Slate 360 degree Creaseless 12 Hour Smoothing Eye Primer for the first time this morning. I have been wearing it for 13 hours and for the first time I feel my eyeshadow actually looks matte. Highly recommended!

mangosong

(0) Hearts

First and foremost, Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion!!!

I personally use mostly UD eye shadows because I love their colors.

Add some Clinique eye liner or liquid eye liner and a swipe of some mascara (I have a couple of favs) and finish off with a spray with UD setting spray.

katief241981

(0) Hearts

I too have oily lids.  The Nars primer and the Lorac primer are both great in my opinion.  I prefer the application of the Lorac primer but I have had equal results with both.  My favorite eyeshadow brands to go with my oily lids are Urban Decay, Lorac, and Too Faced.  I would venture to say these are about equivalent… with Urban Decay having a slight edge just because I love the colors.  

BabyD0LL1982

(0) Hearts

I have super oily lids.Oily face in general where I used to never bother with eyeshadow because it would never stay on. But ever since I started using UD's primer potion,my shadow lasts the whole day and then some.I own both Naked 1 and 2. Love them both. I work in an industrial environment and these shadows stay on like a trooper! good luck!

oklady2013

(0) Hearts

LORAC. The UD one just was ick, flaked, was splotchy & irritated me a bit. I know a lot love it but it just didn't work for me.

bebby

(0) Hearts

thank you ladies 

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

My eye lids are super oily, I've tried all of them and sadly nothing works. I currently USE the UD one. It was working for me somewhat for a few weeks but every time I start a new tube it no longer works.

alm35

(0) Hearts

I also like the NARS primer. I have mildly oily lids and used Too Faced, which was ok, but the NARS one makes my eyeshadows look just applied for at least 12 hours.

SallieSunshine

(0) Hearts

Another vote for the NARS primer. I have oily eyelids and this primer lets me wear any shadow I want, and it lasts all day. It is amazing.

Titian06

(0) Hearts

I have oily eyelids and using an eyeshadow primer (as someone else mentioned) made all the difference.  I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  I also used UD Primer Potion, I did not care for how it felt on.

Once you find the right primer, you'll be able to wear virtually any brand of eyeshadow.

clarks18

(0) Hearts

I swear by the Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  It's a HG product for me.  I gave some to my sister to try and it didn't work that great for her oily eye lids.  The one she is really liking is the NARS eye primer. 

Kiki1517

I like the Lorac Eye Primer. I got a deluxe size tube of UD primer potion and it's just gross, leaves dry flakes all over my eyes so it's impossible to apply smooth shadow over the top. 

rdesigns

(0) Hearts

I have the same problem with the UD primer.  I get roll-off, flakes, and gooey spots.

bebby

(0) Hearts

Thank you , I've tried UD primer and didn't work for me, I'll try Lorca  then again Thank you

rdesigns

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I will second the Lorac. Their primer is excellent as well on my oily lids, and it keeps their shadows from flaking.

gem5136

(0) Hearts

I have very oily lids, both shadow brands work for me it's really more about what primer you use. The NARS eye primer is by far the best. UD primer potion and Mac paint pots work ok for me, but the NARS is outstanding. 

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

Lorac.

UD shadows turn my eyelids into robin eggs from the oil spots so I no longer use them.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • mangosong
    • latinadiva
    • clarks18
    • bebby
    • midnightangel
    • rdesigns