Lizznichole

urban decay pallettes?

Are they really worth the money? Ive never owned a eyeshadow pallette that costs more then 15 bucks ... i really want to know what you all think?

seebs08

Re: urban decay pallettes?

(0) Hearts

They're definitely worth it and they last forever! I have the Naked, Ammo, and Deluxe palettes. Very pigmented and last all day! You can create a variety of looks especially with the naked palette.

Loricaaa

(0) Hearts

I've got the the Naked Original, Basics & some single eyeshadows from Urban Decay. They are great quality eyeshadows. Very pigmented and easy to blend. They also last a long time. I do prefer the Original to the Basics because I found a couple of the colors in the Basics chalky.

ToPolishOrNot

(0) Hearts

Most amazing thing ever. I have a ton of individuals and the Vice 2 palette. The quality is so good. you just touch the brush to the eyeshadow and you have a ton of colour. No need to keep swiping over and over to get what you need. They are also super blendable!

Koofa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have to say I just started wearing eyeshadow (I'm 29 and have droopy lids and could never figure out why it wouldn't turn out right on me) and I JUST figured it out a couple weeks ago when I bought the NAKED 2 palette. Is it expensive as crap? Yes. Am I practically poor? Yes. But I have to say their shadows are amazing.. I haven't really tried Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown (lately, I've been seeing hers are crap), Make Up Forever, etc. but I'm assuming for the most part, the more expensive they are, the better color pay-off and staying-power, etc. they have. Urban Decay is really great and I'm so happy I finally found shadows that work for me! I just hate the fact that I had to pay an arm and a leg for the NAKED 2, but stalk that clearance section (I got a couple really good UD palettes for like $10 & $12 bucks when they went on clearance on the site)!

rose8989

(0) Hearts

When your paying more for shadow, your paying for more pigment vs filler in your shadows. cosmetic brands usually do one thing well, and I stick with them for that. Not all brands do some things well, and you have to try them out for yourself. (Some swear by mac shadows, and they never work for me). Urban Decay sparked my love of make-up, the quality can't be beat. The original naked  palette is a great way to get your feet wet if you not used to bright and bold colors.  

thesupergirl

They are most definitely worth it! I own naked, naked basic and vice 2 they are super easy to use, last all day the pigmentation is incredible. I love how they feel so smooth when apply. I intend on buy naked 2 in the near future.

Meg82

(0) Hearts

I think having at least one really nice palette is totally worth it.  I have UD Naked 1 and am considering Naked 2 and I think it is totally worth it.  The naked palettes are nice because there is really no way to screw it up color wise.  Everything goes well with everything.  UD in general is very blendable and has great color payoff.  I think they are worth it.

RosaNYC

(0) Hearts

I have two UD palettes and I LOVE them. Such beautiful colors. I also own Laura Mercier eyeshadow, which are good for an elegant look, but UD is much more fun. I like the shimmer. 

Quinnzzz

(0) Hearts

I'm a palette addict! I have 2 UD palettes myself and planning to get the NAKED to add up to my collection. I think UD eyeshadow has some of the most beautiful glitter/shimmer. It's a really nice touch up for your makeup, far better than most drug store brands I think. And the colors are fun, too. You should try one! :smileyhappy:

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Yes, definitely! Urban Decay is the first brand I went to for high end eyeshadows, and i'm so glad that I did! There's so many color options, and you can never go wrong with the naked palettes!

serioustree

(0) Hearts

I think one expensive palette is worth the buck. I have urban decay Naked, Naked2, and Basics and love them all. If I was to pick one, it would be Basics or Naked2. The quality/pigmentation/staying power are much nicer with the expensive ones.  I use cheaper shadow like elf for color since I/whoever else is wearing it probably will not be wearing it for long anyways. 

I think in kit really depends on what you're using the shadow for, every day, occasional photoshoots, etc

but if you did want a nice palette, hurry up and get an Urban Decay Naked/Naked2. Looks like the cost of it went up $2 if I believe, I thought it was $50. (Before naked2 came out it was $48)

katief241981

(0) Hearts

I think any nice, professional palette is definitely worth the money. I have Urban Decay Naked and Vice2, Lorac Pro, a Too Faced one, and a Kat VonD one.  They are all comparable, but exceedingly better than drug store eyeshadows!!!

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

I have gotten many other eyeshadow palettes, but never tried the UD ones so I was wondering the same. 

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I have the Naked2 and it is good quality and definitely worth it compared to drustore eyeshadows.  However, I never reach for my Naked2 becaise I have other palettes that I like much more.  I really like Stilas In the Light Palette and Lorac's Pro palette because of the range of colors and matte/sheen/glitter shadows.

caliglow66

(0) Hearts

Definitely worth it! I had been eyeing Urban Decay eye shadows for about a year but I just couldn't justify $18 for one color. Then they upgraded their formula awhile back and I saw the Vegan palette on sale for $13 which included 6 colors. I ordered it immediately and I've been obsessed with everything Urban Decay ever since! They're eye shadows, eyeliners, and primers are all amazing!

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I am not into wearing eyeshadow but I do love using UD when I do decide to glam up becuase the colors offered are really fun, the color payoff is great, they last all day when used with UD primer, and sometimes a girl just needs a bit of glitter!

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

Yes! They absolutely worth the money. They are highly pigmented, goregous colors, and just freaking awesome. Urban Decay is my favorite brand overall.

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I love UD shadows.  My very first palette of any kind was UD Ammo.  I fell in love with the texture of the shadow and how pigmented it was.  The color in the pan is the color it is going on my eyes.  Paired with their primer potion and my shadow stays all day or night. I have all the Naked palette. (1, 2 and basics) and probably use those more than any others.  

mplsblonde

i love urban decay - i probably have 4 or 5 palettes (naked, naked 2, vice, book of shadows and some of the smaller ones)  i like the vice palettes to experiment with color.  right now the book of shadows palette is on sale at ulta for $32 (regularly $64) and today is the last day for their 20% so you can get it for $26. . . 

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

My first palette was a Smashbox Masterclass, including shadows, cream liners and blushes.  It was a gift, and I really enjoyed it.  Ended up getting the next one, and now have a number of other palettes as well, including Lorac Pro, Lorac Unzipped, Too Faced Mattes, Urban Decay Naked 2, and Urban Decay Smoked.

Are the palettes you are buying now for under $15 doing what you want them to?  There are sales where you can get some of the UD palettes for quite a deal. 

I have been impressed with the quality of the shadows I've been purchasing from Sephora.  I've found the UD colors go on nicely, blend well, last, and don't crease. The colors are stunning and unique.

So, I guess my shorter answer is....yes!  I think they are worth it.  The colors are superb and the shadows should last you a while.  :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 32 in conversation
    • emmielou
    • DTalksAll
    • hydee77
    • theramenlover
    • jxw200
    • ChicDabbler