Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

how do you take off mascara without pulling out your eyelashes?!

I wear nmnascara but every time i take it off my lashes come off to plz help!

Re: how do you take off mascara without pulling out your eyelashes?!

I highly, highly recommend a cleansing oil or cleansing balm in a 2-step cleansing system. 2 step cleansing is basically using a gentle makeup removing cleanser first, then following up with your basic cleanser to actually wash your face. Cleansing oils melt of all your makeup super easily and you don't need to tug or be harsh with your lash line. I love the Shu Uemura cleansing oil and the Clinique cleansing balm. After washing off the first step, wash your face as usual with your regular cleanser so that you can get all dirt and oil off your face. 

I've switched to this method for a while now and I never use cotton pads and makeup remover on my eyes anymore. My lashes stopped falling off and they grow better.

Hi, TAYLZ412!

With any type of makeup remover, proper usage and application will also weigh in to the process. Try to let your remover sit along skin for at least 15-20 seconds (even longer if you're using waterproof or long-wear formulas) before gently wiping and removing. If you're using a remover that needs to saturate a cotton pad or cotton round, let that saturated pad rest atop closed lids for that time period and if you're using a cleansing oil, balm, or cream that doesn't require a cotton round, apply enough to coat the closed lids and gently massage the area once time is up.

Giving enough time for your makeup remover to genuinely saturate the area and break down product is crucial as this also prevents you from having to go over the same area multiple times and cause stress/damage to such a delicate area.

You can try using an oil based makeup remover. I know Dermaclear has one. Losing lashes is not fun!

The clinique waterproof makeup remover (with an oil phase) works great! But honestly no matter what I use I always feel like I have to end up tugging to clean up and even then there is residue left. I've switched to non waterproof and barely wear anything other than that unless it's a special event.

I actually like Too Faced Mascara Melt Off, despite it being gimmicky - I follow it up with Clinique Take the Day off or Lancome Bi-Facil Remover.  If the mascara is us

er stubborn, I may also use Almay Eye Waterproof Makeup Remover Wipes.

Good Luck! 😊  @Anonymous

I like Biotherm Biocils (not the jelly, the one with the oil) with Shiseido cotton pads because my eyes are very sensitive. Sometimes I also use jojoba oil. Like others said just let it sit a bit and wipe. Don't rub. 🙂

s1397629-main-Lhero.jpgI use coconut oil as a makeup remover. My mascara just melts off, even waterproof. I then use Philosophy 3in1 Cleanser. 

Oil breaks down oil for waterproof. Let the remover sit on the closed eye for a bit and gentle swipe, do not rub the eye area.

Are you wearing waterproof mascara? That's when I've had that issue. Are you tugging at your lashes? What sort of makeup remover are you using? If you don't breakout with oils, a nice oil-based remover works for mascara. That plus your makeup remover 😃

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
  • s1397629-main-Lhero.jpg
testing