muffinpop

best waterproof mascara remover

(0) Hearts

Hi ladies, I like using waterproof mascara because it stays put and doesn't flake, but the problem comes when I try to get it off. It WON'T BUDGE! I end up having to use a ton of makeup remover and sometimes rip out a few lashes...ouch...and it still doesn't come off. Kudos to the companies for making such an awesome waterproof product, but i'd like to be able to take it off somehow! Any suggestions for makeup removers that'll get even the most stubborn waterproof mascara and makeup off? Thanks and Happy Holidays :smileyhappy:

hootymc

Re: best waterproof mascara remover

(0) Hearts

I always wear waterproof eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara.  So I was on a search to fine the perfect eye makeup remover.  And even though I keep trying others, the best remover seems to be Bobbi Brown Instant Long Wear Remover. 

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P270562&categoryId=B70

It's a little greasy and you have to rinse it, but it's definitely the best for waterproof makeup removal.

sabimoney

(0) Hearts

I mainly use drug store products.. I like Almay's products. They aren't expensive and they are good quality products!

dianabt

(0) Hearts

I agree with Jill, the MUFE SENS'Eyes has saved my sensitive, contact-lens wearing eyes from a disaster! Every bit of makeup is removed and my skin is left feeling smooth and creamy, not greasy or with a leftover residue. It is GREAT for removing makeup on the eyes and gets every last piece too.

For my own eyes, when I wear a LOT of makeup, I like to use a cleansing oil to remove the leftover liner and even lash glue. Cleansing Oils have been great for my eyes and face to remove product, but I always recommend following up with an additional face cleanser, or even a face cleanser/exfoliant in one that has the little beads. Try some of my favorites:

Lancome Huile Douceur

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil

And to follow up with, the Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash or PTR Anti Aging Buffing Beads for Face and Body:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
saturnwings

(0) Hearts

Best I've tried yet is the Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil. Granted, it's a make-up remover, cleanser, and toner in one, so it might be quite what you're looking for. However, for gently removing waterproof makeup, I've not used one that's better. It even takes off my fav Dior [waterproof] mascara and the tons of eye make-up that I love to cake-on on the first pass, unlike other brands I've used in the past.

Josie Maran also has the Bare Naked Wipes for specifically removing makeup. That works really well, too, if you just want a make-up remover, but I still say the cleansing oil is better.

projill

The best one I have found that is gentle and takes of everything is Make Up For Ever Sens Eyes.  It works wonders and takes off everything :smileyvery-happy:

Happy Holidays,

xoxo

Jill

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • muffinpop
    • hootymc
    • projill