Carmen241986

Your Thoughts : Red Eyeshadow ?

Hey girls,

So I happen to LOVE the colour red. I thought why not ask your thoughts on wearing red eyeshadow or red eyeliner ?. I know it's not a colour most people would be able to pull off. However I believe there are a lot of you ladies who would be willing to try and make it work or have made it work :-D

evno

Re: Your Thoughts : Red Eyeshadow ?

(0) Hearts

I love red, too! I've made it work (without looking bloodshot) by putting dark shadow on my crease, blending it out, and then blending a deep red/burgundy lipstick to the center of my eyelid. I set everything with powder, and the eyeshadow  has a nice, subtle red tinge. :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Wondering if anyone has recommendations for burgundy / metallic burgundy shadows? I'm looking for one, just ordered Stila Twig and Stila Pigalle, both look like they could have some burgundy tones but it's hard to tell from photos online.

Thanks!

jojobe

I like the Garnet from the Lorac Pro palette. 

IttyxBittyxMe

Sugarpill @#$%! Is also SUPER vibrant and darker then Love+. It does have some shimmer in it though.image.jpg

warriorwitch

I will have ALL the Sugarpill colors eventually. :smileyvery-happy: ALL OF THEM! *cackles maniacally*

IttyxBittyxMe

With the exception of 3 and the neon pigments I do have them all...They're really to addicting. @_@ If they weren't so darn pigmented! 

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

I too have recently discovered sugar pill thanks to this thread and Ittybittyme! I bought love+ and asylum. They are such a fun company!

chupi

(0) Hearts

Do you ladies buy straight from their website? I want now!

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

I bought mine directly from the company. It took FOREVER to get my package ....2+ weeks. If there is another avenue I would take it!

IttyxBittyxMe

[ Edited ]

I normally buy all of my SP stuff from Beautylish. Their free shipping is at $35 and they always send the cutest little personal handwritten message and free samples from different brands. And their customer service is awesome and fast! 

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

I will try this next time! Wasn't impressed with the company's direct shipping.

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

I do, and they send sample(s) and a sticker.  

chupi

Okay, I'm buying the Love+ and I can stop using lip liner on my eyes!

bombshell30

Thanks for switching!! :smileywink:

warriorwitch

[ Edited ]

I swatched all of my red/burgundy colors! (All swatches are over dry skin)

red swatch 1.JPG

From top to Bottom:

Coastal Scents Vibrant Red

Coastal Scents Pomegranate Red

Coastal Scents Hot Tamale

Coastal Scents Scorched Red

Coastal Scents Baked Clay

red swatch 2.JPG

Cover Girl Flamed Out (shadow pencil)

Shiro Cosmetics Chiefest of Calamities

Sugarpill Love+

Aromaleigh Helter Skelter (DC)

Aromaleigh Torment (DC) [If you know where to find this or something similar LET ME KNOW! I love this color and I am almost out. :smileysad: ]

red swatch 3.JPG

Armomaleigh Blaze (DC)

KVD Unrequited (?) from Starstruck mini palette/quad

Burgundy shade from Sephora Eye Graphic Quad Burgundy Smoky

KVD WTF from Spellbinding palette

I know the swatches don't show quite right over my dry arm, so here are the highlights.

Reddest Red - Sugarpill Love+ (CS Vibrant Red is close, but not as true, leaning more to the cool side)

Best Burgandy - Aromaleight Torment hands down, but seeing as its DC, I guess the CG Flamed Out pencil.

Also, the Shiro Chiefest of Calamities did not swatch well, but it is a gorgeous rusty orange-red with red glitter. Just wanted to note, that it just isn't agreeing with being on my arm, but on the eye... Smexy! :smileyvery-happy:

bombshell30

red line 2.JPGred line 3.JPG

Loving my Make Up Forever Aqua liner # 10! Thanks Carmen for the new Obsession. Also for those who couldn't find a red shadow that didn't stain- the Nars blush exhibit A blush makes a perfect shadow that comes off when it is supposed to! :smileyhappy: red line 1.JPG

kenny

(0) Hearts

I love burgundy/red shadows. It's a great shade to pair with pinks or purples for a really girly look (less edgy). Although I definitely have to be careful that I'm not tired to my eyes are clear and not red, so it doesn't make me look worse!

Yesterday I wore burgundy in the outer corner and crease, a medium green in the inner corner and shimmery pink all over. It looked gorgeous! It looked less "holiday" than it sounds, turned out kind of spring-pastely

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

I also like burgundy / cranberry red! But im the opposite :smileyhappy: I like it with dark colours, I feel like it can add "That touch" to a look :smileytongue:

Tayvm

(0) Hearts

I quite like it as a transition colour with browns. Not bright, heavy application ... but sheered out.

clarks18

(0) Hearts

I LOVE red shadow or liner!  It's probably one of my favorite colors for the eye.  I have green eyes so the red really makes them pop.  MAC used to have a liner called Foxy Lady.  It was a deeper darker red color and it was beautiful!!  Sadly it has been discontinued.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 92 replies
  • 125 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • itscarin
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave