roxystar4

Wow, disappointed. Book of Shadows

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

So I picked up the UD Book of Shadows at ULTA (after seeing prettyinpa's post).  I received it today and excitedly opened it up. Upon first glance, I see a few of the shadows look used (def not the little grid pattern that most of the shadows in the palette had). One of them (grifter) looks like there are hard rub marks on it and even darker than the rest of the shadow (like when a shadow is old and when you rub it it creates a film).

I call customer service and wait for 15 minutes after going thru the prompts. No one even picks up and there wasn't a "it's the weekend so please call back within business hours". I hang up. Does anyone know if ULTA pays return shipping?  I'm annoyed.

When I told my husband about it and told him I should have just sticked with Sephora he laughed and said "Ulta baja". lol.

UD-BOS-IV-Pans.jpg

OK i just looked at the book of shadows on the ulta website (in my order history because it's no longer available online in the shopping area) and the colors are def different than the above picture. 

Thanks for reading my rant. Im just really sad & a little frustrated :smileysad:

roxystar4

Re: Wow, disappointed. Book of Shadows

UPDATE- I just called again because I didnt want to drive a hour to an ULTA store. The customer service rep I spoke to on the phone this time said they can provide me with a prepaid label & emailed me one.  Now I'm feeling better.

orkira

Yay!  There was no reason you should have had to pay to ship it back to them when it was obvious the item was used.  Gross!!!

roxystar4

the rep was super surprised that the other customer service rep didn't off that to me. It's in the mail to go back. 

orkira

A little off topic but have you tried the Vice 2 palette?  I love it much better then the Book of Shadows 4.  Plus the Vice 2 is the new shadow formula whereas the Book of Shadows 4 is the old formula.  :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

orkira, I debated picking up the vice 2 for weeks! I finally decided not to because it has so many dark colors (I prefer lighter colors). but I love that it's such a good deal for all those shadows & that they are in the new formula.

orkira

I have shopped at Ulta many times in the past few years and quite a few times I get out to the car open the item up to check it and it has been used.  So gross to the point I barely ever shop there anymore for anything.  I have thankfully yet to buy an item from Sephora that has been used and stuck back in the box.

bratknits

Oh I have, a Hello Kitty lippie this summer.  

orkira

:smileysad:  Sorry to hear that!

roxystar4

orkira, that's just wrong. I'm sorry you have had this experience also. 

orkira

Thanks roxystar4 and I am sorry you are having this disappointing and horrible experience too.  It is so gross to open the item up and see either a fingerprint in it, smears, or indentions that the item has been used (lipstick, eyeliner).  I've had all 3 happen to me so disappointing!  

roxystar4

Just got off the phone with ULTA customer service. all I can say is "wow". in a bad way.

ULTA can refund shipping only if I provide a receipt inside the box for the shipping. The whole order (and shipping) will be refunded within 30 days due to the "defective item". the lady was not apologetic about the unsanitary condition of the palette either. I'm baffled. 

I know this sounds harsh, but I'm thinking of returning the other items I purchased through them (items that Sephora also carries) and just buying them from Sephora. 

I am going to think twice before buying from Ulta again.

bad823

[ Edited ]

I picked this up yesterday at Ulta, I was surprised to see it contained different colors!  It does have some nice ones though--Stray Dog, Side Car, Grifter, Psychedelic Sister--also includes Kiddie Pool, Creep, Strip & Polyester Bride. Still a good deal for $32!  I always check the item before I leave the store, I purchased a Bare Minerals duo, when I got home I discovered it was used. Why would someone use a new one & put it back when testers are available? Either that or the store put a return back on the rack.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

bad823, I'm totally fine with the different colors. I'm just sad that it was used :smileysad:

Part of me doesnt want to deal with the hassle if I have to pay shipping for an error on their part and just pop out the used shadows.  Or pop out the new ones and put those in my zpallete?

bad823

roxystar4, I completely understand about being sad about it being used! That is why I wrote about my experience about the duo I purchased being used, it is totally unacceptable! As for the colors, I was just listing the different ones, not having any of the colors in either palette, I was ok with it, just surprised, I didn't realize that UD would change a palette.

Sorry if my post came across the wrong way, hope you get it resolved soon!

vanillammm

You dont have to pay return shipping at ulta. Did you get the neon pink return sticker in your order? If not, contact their customer service and I am sure they will figure it out for you.

You can also take it in-store to return or exchange, which may be your best bet since they are sold out online. My store still has a ton of them in stock.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

vanillammm, i did get the neon sticker. I just didnt see any code or indicator that the sticker has prepaid shipping on it.

vanillammm

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You are right, I just looked online. You have to ship it back yourself, that is just a convenient shipping address return label. It did say that original shipping charges would be refunded on defective items, but didn't say anything about return shipping charges. My apologies!

jaydensmom11

I'd be frustrated too.  :smileysad:  Sorry!!

kssweetheart

I don't blame you for feeling upset/disappointed, I would be. I'm not terribly pushy or aggressive when dealing with customer service usually but this is a special case. For starters, I go insane when I hold for a phone rep only to find out that they're not even open, it's happened a number of time and I think there is no excuse for not stating their hours immediately.

The palette is gorgeous (and now I NEED it) but you paid for a new unused product and that's what you should've gotten, this looks off to me.

I don't know if they pay return shipping for sure, I'm thinking not. In this case, when you Finally get somebody on the line, you should explain the situation and ask if they will pay the return shipping, they should. If they say they can't you can very nicely let the customer service rep that you know she did all she could do and (hopefully) you're happy with the service she provided. Then ask if you can talk to a supervisor, again, making sure you let her know you're not going to complain about her (hoping that she is nice and helpful) Then go from there. I hope they step up and do the right thing and pay the shipping charge, they should.

I wish you luck, good customer service and hopefully, the proper response, good luck, :smileyhappy: Hope you'll come back & let us know how it goes.

roxystar4

thanks guys. I just needed to share this with others who understand (getting so excited and then open my *new* product to see it looks used and then not find a return shipping label). 

Im going to call them monday & if I cant reach them, I will email them. Hopefully they will pay shipping since the product was not in new condition.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 34 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • jojobe
    • roxystar4
    • kssweetheart
    • mommyto4
    • vanillammm
    • orkira