Which of these palettes would YOU buy?v

[ Edited ]

I have been using only my Naked Palette for years but want to invest in a new palette, one with more matte basic colors.  I've been eyeing these two.

http://www.sephora.com/artist-palette-for-eyes-P383070?skuId=1560770  $48

http://www.sephora.com/rich-chocolate-eye-palette-P382327?skuId=1549344  $52

Right now, I'm leaning towards the Laura Mercier just because it's cheaper and has more colors.  But the Bobbi Brown one is also gorgeous...

Which one would you pick?

Re: Which of these palettes would YOU buy?v

I JUST received my LM palette in the mail yesterday and it's kind of AWESOME. It's just an utterly lovely set. They're super blendable and create lovely, soft looks. I like what Titan said about being Neutrals Plus; the colors are neutral, but with a certain special something extra.

Anyhoo... adding my vote to the pile of votes for LM!

(0) Hearts

I'd go with the Laura Mercier. Smiley Happy It seems like it is more versitale, additionally, I don't know what your eye color/skin color is, but personally, the Laura Mercier would flatter my pale skin/brown eyes best. 

Not only is it cheaper, it's prettier and you get more colors! Smiley Happy 

My LM palette arrived Monday.  I love it!  I've worn it Tuesday and Wednesday and plan to wear it the rest of the week.  The colors are neutral+...like neutrals, they go with virtually everything; but they're more than the traditional neutral colors.  There are four shimmery-ish colors and the rest are matte.  I highly recommend the LM palette!

(0) Hearts

I don't have either of these exact palettes but I have last year's LM Artist Palette for Eyes (a few colors are different) and I have the Navy and Nude palette from Bobbi Brown. Based on my experiences with both, I would say LM. The colors are extremely pigmented and the colors are super soft. While I enjoy the Navy and Nude palette, the colors are VERY soft but when I say soft in this sense it is referring to pigmentation while for LM softness refers to texture. I'm sure you would like either, but I think LM is definitely the better choice!

(0) Hearts

Wow, thanks for convincing me!  Glad to know that some of you already have and love the LM palette.  I think I'm going to wait for the holiday sale to buy this.

(0) Hearts

YES to the LM palette. I don't have a ton of eye shadows, but I did buy the LM palette and absolutely love it. You will not be disappointed!

(0) Hearts

I have always loved Bobbi Brown shadows. But I also vote for the LM palette. I'm waiting for UPS to deliver it as I type this! It has excellent reviews and also several matte shadows. It comes with a variety (cool & warm) of very wearable and blendable colors. I have a tendency to buy shimmery eye shadows and I've been really wanting to learn how to blend more matte and a little shimmery together.

Let us know which one you pick!

(0) Hearts

I vote for LM palette. I think it is more versatile with having colors in more color families. I'm eyeing this too. I've heard really good reviews about it.

I have been suffering Naked Palette burn out too and I purchased the Laura Mercier palette.  The colors are gorgeous, creamy, and very soft.  It's just what I was looking for. 

(0) Hearts

I would go with the Lauren Mercier palette (actually planning on purchasing this during the sale) as it has more variety and you get better value for your $$!

The LM palette is really wonderful and the quality is excellent - I've been disappointed by BB lately.

personally i would choose the LM palette because it has a greater variety of colors and yet none of the colors seem unwearable. if its anything like the LM eyeshadow singles, the quality should be great.

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 12 in conversation