Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Which eyeshadow palette should i use??

I am the least knowledgeable about eyeshadow but I have to be a bridesmaid at a wedding in two weeks so I want to make an impression. I have medium-dark neutral skin and I dont know what palette or look to use! The main thing I need is the actual palette though. I have the first Urban Decay Naked palette but it doesnt seem pigmented enough for me. Any suggestions? I have been told to use Anastasia or Sweet Peach/ Semi Sweet Chocolate from Too Faced. What do you think? Im looking for neutral, brown, pink sorts of colors.

Re: Which eyeshadow palette should i use??

I am tan coloured. I love and have Tartelette in bloom. It has both metallic and matte shades and all neutral and brown. I think I would also like to have Anastasia Modern Renaissance. They are heavily pigmented with wide number of shades.

These are swatches of the too faced sweet peach palette on different skin tonestoofaced_peachpalette_armswatch.jpg

@itsjillianedge I would Google both palettes, or any palette people recommend, to look at swatches  and go from there. You also have to decide if you like matte over shimmer. I personally don't have the Anastasia modern renaissance so I can't tell you my opinion on it. I look at it every so often and i pass every time. I just won't use the colors due to most being matte. Temptalia is a good site to look at reviews and swatches of palettes. If you are close to a store, ULTA or Sephora I would go and swatch the colors in person against your own skin.

Hi @itsjillianedge,

I think the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. It has nice shimmers and the mattes blend like a dream! The palette is pigmented and easy to use. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I would definetely go with the ABH Modern Renaissance.  It has neutrals, browns and pinks and its very pigmented. All the shades are reliable which I don't find to be the case with TF palettes. 

The Modern Renaissance formula is the most pigmented out of all the palettes you mentioned. It also has all of the browns you need plus red and magenta! Blended out, I think the magenta could appear as a natural pink. 

Personally, I love the Sweet Peach palette, but the formula is less pigmented than the Modern Renaissance. 

I also love, love the original Chocolate Bar palette but if you're eyeing the light pink in that palette, you'll be disappointed. 😞

I am not sure how big of a palette you need but have you considered one of the viseart theory palettes? Many of them are a mix of mattes and shimmers and they blend really easily -- I am not an eyeshadow expert and I feel like they are very easy to use and excellent quality. Plus they are so easy to travel with! Also they are easily depotted if your own palette.  

http://www.sephora.com/viseart-theory-palette-P408032?skuId=1784438&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap408032

@itsjillianedge hi! I'm medium neutral. Have you looked at too faced chocolate bar? It's the first one and has a good mix of brown, neutrals, pink and even has a pretty purple color. What color is your bridesmaid dress? Urban decay naked 3 would be too light but it's pink, rose gold. I tried a look using that for a wedding I'll be in and I really had to pat on the colors using my finger to get the colors to show but it came out pretty. Hope this helps!

The color of my bridesmaid dress is coral pink, so i was thinking of going for like a light brown to to pink kind of look. But like i would also want to be able to use to palette when i go out with friends or something. Whats the difference between the too faced semi sweet chocolate bar and the first chocolate bar palette?

With a dress that color you want either ABH, Tartlette in Bloom or Sweet Peach.

Chocolate and Semi Sweet would be too nude.

If I had the money to only buy one it would be ABH. Trust me, you will reach for it many times...

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • toofaced_peachpalette_armswatch.jpg
testing