SirenPrincess

Which Blinc Brow Mousse Color?

I have been dying to try the Blinc Brow Mousse and was about to just go buy one when I saw they have new colors!  Now I don't know which one to buy.  So help me pick a color, lovelies.

I have dark blonde hair that I have highlights added to that are pretty light blonde.  My brows have a combo of colors.  Some are kind of taupey dark blonde but some are definitely blonde blonde (shiny golden hairs that are hard to see in photos but in person they reflect light and are definitely blonde).

Here are some photos of me:

Overview:

upload_5972832923778111043.jpgClose up of natural brow:

original.jpg

I normally wear Bobbi Brown Tinted Brow Gel in Blonde. Here's what that looks like:

upload_5116675976243881115.jpg

I also own the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde, which is a decent match, but I just prefer the wand type brow applicators.

Here's the link to the product.  The colors I'm considering are Light Blonde, Medium Blonde, and Dark Blonde.

http://www.sephora.com/eyebrow-mousse-P379442?skuId=1533769

SirenPrincess

Re: Which Blinc Brow Mousse Color?

[ Edited ]

I thought I'd give some follow up info if anyone else searches and finds this thread. I ended up ordering dark blonde and medium blonde to compare (since they're online only, I couldn't swatch in store I wouldn't have done that).  The Blinc Eyebrow Mousse does run very dark.  The medium blonde is pretty close for me, but I actually want to order the light blonde now because I think it could be better.

Here's a photo with comparison colors.  Top row (left to right): Blinc Eyebrow Mousse Dark Blonde, Blinc Eye row Mousse Medium Blonde,  Bobbi Brown Hair and Brow Shaper and HairTouch-up Gel in Blonde

Bottom row (left to right): Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel in Blonde and in Caramel

Brow Gel Colors.jpg

I find it interesting the Anastasia ones are very sparkly. But my actual brows do have a sparkle to the hairs, so maybe it's trying to replicate that?  The Bobbi blonde has a warmth to it that actually looks pretty good on me. The Blinc dark blonde was VERY dark on me. Husband asked me if I'd put black in my eyebrows. The Blinc medium blonde was pretty close but has an odd cool tone to it.

DiVWA

Old thread I know, but I was wondering if you got the Light Blonde and if so, was that a better color for you? Are you using Blinc brow mousse nowadays?

I actually got my Blinc brow mousse yesterday. I ordered it in Light Brunette and Dark Brunette. I had been using a darker color of Anastasia tinted gel but didn't like the crunchy and sparkly aspect of it, so was looking for a replacement. I also wanted to go lighter because I was feeling that darker was looking too harsh on me but didn't know which color to get and if going lighter would work. I was also worried that the Blinc would have red in it, which I dislike in brow products (since I have no red in my brow color).

I ended up going with the Light Brunette. I was surprised that it looked so good because it just looked like it would be too light since I do seem to have really dark (almost black) brows. But my brows are thin and I've got some white hairs in there. I love the Blinc for coating the brow hairs! (For filling in the inner part of brows, I went with Ash Blonde in Anastasia Brow Wiz; for the tail of the brow, I use Tarte mousse in Rich Brown. So far, so good.)

linda711

[ Edited ]

I would say medium blonde, it seems they tend to run a little dark.  I use the light brunette and I love it.

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I've heard that from a couple of people now, so I think medium blonde might be the way to go!

missey1973

Have you ever tried the "Natural Brow Shaper & Hair Touch Up" brow stuff from Bobbi Brown (it looks like mascara)? Or is that what you are referring to in your post? I have been thinking of trying that. I am terriable with brows. I had never done anything with mine until I took her class. That is where they used the shadow on mine. My problem is by doing that way, mine never look the same. One eye always looks different. I was thinking the masacara looking brow product may be easier for me to use than trying to work with a pensil or shadow. 

SirenPrincess

Yep that's the one I use daily and was referring to in the post.  I really do like the Bobbi one and it is a pretty good match for my brows.  The ONE thing I don't like about the Bobbi one is the brush.  It's very thick on one end and skinny on the other end, and I find that can be difficult to work with.  I'm relatively happy with the Bobbi one, but I've been wanting to try the Blinc because that brush looks perfect and I've heard good things about the formula.  Anyway, the Bobbi one is a good one too.

missey1973

Have you ever tried any of the Bobbi Brown shadows on your brows. That is what they did in the class I took. I was really shocked how well it turned out. They actually recommeneded that because there is normally a better selection of eye shadows colors to choose from then brow powders.  They used hot stone on me but my hair is darker than yours. Now I will admit that one moning I grabbed a sparkle shadow instead of the matte one.  It was quite laughable at work when I noticed I had sparkly eyebrows. But who knows, maybe I will start a new fad. HAHA

SirenPrincess

I have. They used Cement on me, which was okay.  But I just prefer gel over powders or pencils.

malday

I agree with medium blonde, just to be safe! Your hair doesn't look too light or too dark. Good luck!

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Thank you, Malday!  That's the way I'm leaning too.

melde

I would guess dark or medium blonde, but I'm notoriously bad at choosing brow color things. :smileysad:

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

That's about my thoughts right now too.  Thanks for the comment :-)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • malday
    • melde
    • missey1973
    • SirenPrincess
    • linda711
    • DiVWA