LCResz

Where do you get your eye makeup looks from?

[ Edited ]

I recently picked up a bunch of Urban Decay eye shadow palettes with some outrageous shades (for me). I picked up the Deluxe Shadow Box Set, Ammo Shadowbox Palette, and the Mariposa Palette for a steal, but now I feel stumped by all of these lovely colors with no idea what looks I can pull off! I usually stick to neutral or smokey looks, so now I am trying to find looks that I can a) pull off as a work look, and b) won't take me a lot of time/ too many steps to put on.

Any suggestions for this 36 year old, fairly conservative, medium skin tone gal with brown hair and brown eyes? Thank you so much for any tips!

tashalicious

Re: Where do you get your eye makeup looks from?

i learned a few tricks from watching youtube.

bearsmom

My answer is really just "ditto," but I did want to add that pink in the outer part of the crease can really wake up your eyes!!!  When I'm stumped on what to do w a color and can't figure out how to use it on my own, I search youtube for a tutorial with that color (like "blue eyeshadow tutorial," nothing specific).  If that doesn't give any results I like, I do a google image seach or google "makeup games."  The girls on those games can wear some crazy colors, but I have actually got a few good looks from it!!!!

beautytester

You can use the darker single colors close to the lashline kind of like eyeliner (kind of what I did here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/Eye-looks-Wear-green-D/m-p/444021)

You can use brighter colors as all over shadows, applied with a fluffy brush to diffuse the intensity of the color.

You can also pair different colors (keep it to 2-3 at most so you don't look like a clown): blue/purple, green/blue, gold/green, orange/brown, for harder to wear colors like red/pink, you can apply a sheer layer over brown shadow to make it more reddish/mauve-ish. Just make sure to blend well.

LCResz

Oh my, thank you beauty tester! That was exactly what I needed to see, looks that are subtle and only need two or three colors max! I see how you used a light color and paired it with a brighter color to keep things from looking too clownish as you said. I'll try the color combos you mentioned as well. Off to put away my Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick for a little while :smileywink:

beautytester

You are welcome! I have the UD Deluxe shadow box and that's what I used. If the bright colors still seem a bit loud, you can use black or brown eyeliner over it to tie the look together (like the gold/green shadow with black liner one).

wendyomgwar

I'd start off by lining your eyes with a bright color first! Work your way up to a colorful eye :smileyhappy:. Purple and greens look beautiful against brown eyes and i've found that these tend to be less dramatic looks.

wendyomgwar

You can also probably youtube those palettes and get some really pretty eye tutorials

LCResz

(0) Hearts

Thanks Wendy! I have look up some looks on YouTube but they are all very time intensive and really more for going out than just wandering around the supermarket, lol! I'm hoping the wonderful BTers will know other brands with similar palettes and look cards :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • wendyomgwar
    • bearsmom
    • beautytester
    • LCResz
    • tashalicious