warriorwitch

Whats the one eyeshadow shade you can't live without?

Hello everyone!

Well eyeshadows are my weakness, and while I really, really don't need any more, pretty much forever... I want more. I must have them all! LOL

So fuel my addiction. Tell me/show me your absolute favorite eyeshadow. Whats the one shade you can't live without? Whats the one that transforms you from unassuming alter ego to Super-Awesomesauce?

kenny

Re: Whats the one eyeshadow shade you can't live without?

Just one?

My HG's are UD Sin, Toasted, and Buck. These are probably my most used shadows. They work really well together, on their own and with other shades. Out of these, I think Buck is my most versatile as I use it for my eyebrows, crease, lower lash line and sometimes as an all over color

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

Are these available individually or part of a palette?

kenny

I have them in the Naked palette, but I also have them in individuals since I use them that much.

lyravega

They are part of a palette, but they are also available individually.

warriorwitch

Excellent. Though its not as if I have a problem with buying palettes... Well maybe I do, but its more of a can't stop type problem... XD

lyravega

Haha, same here! I go to Sephora with a plan to buy some singles... but somehow I always end up buying a palette... Yeah, I think I might have a "can't-stop-buying-palettes" problem as well :smileyvery-happy:

warriorwitch

It so hard to stop, palettes are just so much better of a deal. Why buy one shadow for $18 when you can spend $40 and get 10? Its so irresistibly logically sound... Crazy logic.

kissXmakeup

Can't stop, won't stop! I have the same addiction. Eyeshadow palettes ftw! Every. single. time. That's all I shop for now, I have "enough" of everything else (or so I say). But i can never have enough eyeshadow palettes!

warriorwitch

Especially when they stuff them full of limited edition, never to be seen before or after colors. They do that on purpose. Even though I know what they are up to I still can't resist. XD

DesertRose0706

Stilaa eyeshadow in Kitten!  Ir really is a georgeous color that can be used for everyday looks or nighttime looks.  If mine was lost today I would buy it again right away!

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

Another vote for Kitten! I guess I really will have to get it if its that awesome.

DTalksAll

When I travel I always make sure kitten is in my makeup bag. It doubles as a highlighter not just on the brow bone, but also on the cheeks & it layers nicely over different shades of shadow sticks. 

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

Multipurpose and travel friendly... Sounds almost to good to be true. LOL

lyravega

Urban Decay Tease!!! Or Stila Mauve. No, Urban Decay Sin... OMG, this question is not fair, you naughty you!!! :smileyhappy: Ok, I'll go with Tease!

warriorwitch

I know, I am just awful. That's why I have cleverly cheated and avoided answering. :smileywink: Nice picks btw.

Titian06

Hi, warriorwitch!  I love eyeshadows, too.  My favorite palette is KVD The Saints.  If I could only pick one color out of all my colors, I think I would go with Bookworm, which is the brown second from the right.  It's just a nice, versatile medium to dark brown.

Saint.jpg

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

This is actually the next thing I want to get from the KVD line. ^_^ You just made me want it more telling me there is a shade called Bookworm in it.

SirenPrincess

How could I possibly pick just one?!  Eyeshadows are also my weakness, the thing I buy a ton of.  I'm good with one type of foundation, one blush, one moisturizer, set in my haircare products, but eyeshadow?  Eyeshadow I have to have them all.  Even if I have a palette with most of the same colors in something else, if there's something new about it, I just have to have it!

All of that being said, if I truly had to pick ONE (sooo hard!), I guess I'd go with Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Stick in Sand Dune http://www.sephora.com/long-wear-cream-shadow-stick-P378145?skuId=1484930  It's just the right level of color for me to look good on it's own as a base for other things.  It's really easy to use even if you're half-asleep.  Just rub some on, then rub a little at it with your fingers.  Then later when you're ready to play things up a bit, you can put just about anything you want over the top and it will look good and stay longer too.

I really do love all the Bobbi eyeshadows, though.  I have nearly all the palettes and have just recently started getting into her cream shadows.

I just bought a new shade this last weekend that I am fully falling in love with!  It might easily become my new favorite.  It's MAC (and I've never bought MAC before), but I really, really love this shade.  It's called Quarry.  It's a lot like Urban Decay Tease, but a little silkier.

warriorwitch

Ooh, I will be checking out those Bobbie Brown shadow sticks for sure, because there are definitely days I am too tired to do make up right away in the morning. And I also have never purchased MAC products, seeing as the nearest store is 3-4 hours away and I would like to at least scope it out before diving in.

carolang

bareMinerals ready duo in the vision! bareMinerals eye shadows are amazing, better than UD in my opinion. I am talking about the pressed ones, that is! I have plenty of the loose (queen phyllis is a beautiful golden champagne color) but the pressed "ready" eyeshadows are amazing. Favorite formula by far. The happy place is a really nice quad.

warriorwitch

I haven't tried any of the pressed formula shadows. I will admit I would be much more prone to liking the pressed shadows, so I will have to remind myself to check into that.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 108 replies
  • 123 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • nathaliew
    • lyravega
    • dianabt