What's your favorite eyeliner?

I'm looking for the HG of eyeliners; I love liquids and cake but am open to pencils too....Let me know!!

Re: What's your favorite eyeliner?

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone for all the advice!  As I said below...MUFE Aqua, Tarte and Stila Liquid seem to get mentioned repeatedly....UD too.....I'll check them out!  Any other advice is welcome....I have fair skin and blue eyes....used to wear black, but now that I'm "mature" I feel that it's too stark looking.....I'm going to try navy or dark brown....

(0) Hearts

It sounds like MUFE Aqua, Tarte and Stila are clear faves.....

Thanks for the idea of using black carat as a liner....I never thought of that!

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the idea of using black carat as a liner....I never thought of that!

Urban Decay Pervesion.  Its a pencil, but it looks like a liquid after applied.  My second choice is Kat Von D's marker eyeliner, which I use for cat eyes.  Hope this helps!

Too Faced 3-way lash lining tool. It makes tightlining & cat eyes a breeze. It's been a repurchase of mine for a while now. I'm also a big fan of Buxom gel liner. I can't remember when was the last time I reached for a pencil liner! 

Ahh! I just got that eyeliner from too face yesterday! I am still learning how to use it [by that I mean I am still poking myself in the eye and I got three dots on the top of my lid that just _won't_ go away! Any tips on you use it? :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

I'm ticklish, and of course lash-line is not excluded from this... seriously, when I try to tightline with a pencil, it ends up being a black mess, because it tickles & my eyes close while I'm trying to draw a line. 

PRACTICE! 

When I first started using it, I had a mirror on the counter, or stood over a magnified mirror, so I was looking down into the mirror. I gently held my lid up, and from underneath keeping the liner perpendicular to my lashline, I gently went along the line dotting between my lashes. Most of the time it does such a good job that I don't need to do anything else. If I want a more dramatic line then I would go over from the top. but to do that, I need to pull at the corner of my eye and I hate  doing that (don't want to cause wrinkles :smileyvery-happy: ), so I try to avoid that. 

If you dot a few times back & forth, you'll eventually get a line, and can't see the dots. After practice, it takes close to zero time to complete. 

Even though it's not advertised as being waterproof, I have gone swimming with it on and never experienced smudges or the dreaded tight-line leakage into eye balls. 

To remove, I press a cotton square soaked in a cleansing water to my eye for at least 30 seconds & gently wipe away. 

(0) Hearts

Hi CharliefromNY,

I love the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner! It's super pigmented, glides on easily, and sets to a waterproof finish - it won't budge. It's retractable- so no sharpener necessary- and it comes in a large array of colors!

:smileyhappy: -Laura

(0) Hearts

My HG before was MACs blacktrack fluidliner, but I ran into Physicians formula 2-in-1 eyebooster and lash serum eyeliner! Thats my new favorite! doesnt smudge and its waterproof, so easy to use, glides on smoothly and once its set! you can sweat, shower! whatever it will not mess up :smileyhappy: its amazing!

(0) Hearts

Marc Jacobs BeautyHighliner - Gel Crayons!

Blacquer is my all time favorite black liner and I love using N (Ice) around the inner corners of my eyes and on my waterline.

[ Edited ]

For me, different ones suit different purposes.  

I still love and adore Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Nude for my waterline.  It matches my skin tone well, and makes me look much more 'bright eyed' if I'm stressed, fatigued, exhausted, what have you.

I've given up my Himalayan kajal (kind of a drug store brand) after a slight reaction recently.  Now, for really bold eyes, I'm loving Guerlain Creamy Khôl Me Kajal which I apply like traditional kajal.

YSL Long-Wear Cream Eyeliner works amazingly well for tightlining ... it's really the only one I can get to work well for me, and it lasts all day.

Now to dig into this thread for a good liquid liner suggestion.  I need to find an amazing one so I can play around with some new looks!

(0) Hearts

Up until December,2013 - I had no favorite. I used whatever I thought would look nice and work,starting at the lower cost liners all the way to the most expensive at SAKS.

Then it happened, I saw a 4 set of SEPHORA Brand Gell Eyeliner Pencils. They are smudge/smear proof,go on so very smoothly without any snags or "glitches",and they dont fade for at least 24 hours. They have a ton of beautiful colors and they sharpen beautifully without hardly any wastefrom being sharpened. I recently threw away all my open liners and gave away all my unopened liners of other eyeliner brands and have been replacing them a few at a time with these Sephora 24hr.Waterproof/smudge proof liner. They are very affordable too, off the top of my head I think I pay either $8 or $12 a pencil that I can wear the same color for 7 days and not even have to sharpen it !

(0) Hearts

Wow!  You must really like the Sephora liners!  I love the idea of a gel eyeliner too....Especially that it lasts and doesn't pull!  Thanks!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have oily upper lids and wear eyeliner during 12 hour work shifts. UD 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner works for me. It doesn't end up on my lower lid.

The pencils smear on me though.

I love love love Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes in matte black. It's a pencil liner but it is great!! It's creamy and goes on smoothly but not so creamy that it breaks when you use it! This liner makes my eyes really pop and that's the kind of look I am always aiming for. I always recommend this liner. Another bonus is that it's waterproof too! :smileyhappy:

Thank you!  I love the Make up Forever foundation, so I'm not surprised their liners are great too....

(0) Hearts

I really don't like gel liners, because they dry out before I am able to finish them and takes forever to apply, but they'rethe only one that stays on my eyelids.. :smileysad: 

even with an eye primer, most don't.. but the Bobbi Brown gel liners do.. even on the tightline for at least 6~8 hours before it begins to transfer. 

I love the color of Makeup forever's pencil 2L - its a very pretty brown shimmer color that doesn't look drugstore.. very pretty and long lasting for a pencil liner.

- but this is by no means waterproof.. its not able to handle my teary eyes.. 

(0) Hearts

Color wise, I love Burberry Midnight Ash -- it's an odd shade (a brownish taupe with a greenish gold tint?) that's a great alternative to black. For staying power, though, I like CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus (which I use in black). :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

I love Tarte Skinny Eyes for everyday eyeliner, they are so buttery and soft but super pigmented and last all day! And the colour selection is impressive.

(0) Hearts

I just got a sample of Kat Von D's Tatoo Liquid Liner and I think it is nice, but I'm a relative newbie to liquid liners.

My favorite gel liner is Tarte Amazonian Clay. It's very long lasting and has nice colors for a variety of eye colors.

For pencils, I'm loving my Clinique Quickliner in Really Black. I know Clinique is better known for its skincare, but this product can draw a thin line super close to my lash line for subtle definition.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats