Teresa44443

What is your favorite eye primer??

(0) Hearts

I find myself loving the lorac primer staying power, but it creases. I'm thinking of just sticking with the ever so popular Urban Decay primer potion. What are your thoughts on those two items??

Teresa44443

Re: What is your favorite eye primer??

(0) Hearts

extremely*

missfawnie

(0) Hearts

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly is AMAZING. It smoothes out the shadows, hides all colors and makes eyeshadows last forever.

Even on days when I don't wear eyeshadow, I still put on a layer of the Paint Pot just to give my eyelids a flawless natural state. 

carolang

woohoo! (sorry I can't reply directly on internet explorer)

definitely send me a PM and let me know what you think after you try it... I promise you will not be disappointed!!

Teresa44443

(0) Hearts

I have the MAC paint pot in soft ochre, but i feel like it does nothing for me. Plus eye shadows wont stay. :/

I think I should try the Nars one next.

Thank you all for your answers!

jettagirl

Definitely the Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (Tube).  It is nude so it doesn't change the color of your shadow, but keeps your eye shadow from creasing.  I got married in Mexico and wore this under my powder eye shadow and it didn't crease or budge through the humidity and tears!

Beehavnbeauty

Favs are Mac Paint Pots, Maybelline Color Tattoos, Tarte/UD/Mally shadow sticks.  What's eye primer?? LOL :-P Stopped using eye primer about 1.5 years ago once I discovered the favs I mentioned....

aggiegirl2012

I love LORAC, paint pots, and the Maybelline color tattoos. I've never been able to love UDPP

glossyguru

My favorite is the Urban Decay Primer Potion, I prefer it over Too Faced Shadow Insurance

dollface131313

i have used urban decay for years and love it but ever since they changed the tube which is great to get more out the primer is starting to separate anyone else notice this?

Teresa44443

(0) Hearts

I liked the tube before when it had a wand :/

makeupmaven

[ Edited ]

I use something that isn't (primarily) marketed as eye shadow primer, but it works well. It's Anastasia Eye Lights Matte (brow highlighter). My shadow stays on well and I can blend it easily. What's nice is that I can go back and highlight the browbone (after applying my shadow) if needed. I tend to either do natural or smokey looks where I layer on a few colors, so this is perfect!

deedjw

I love all of UD's eye primers, but my go to everyday one is by Milani.  Yes it is a drugstore brand but it is the best!  It is only $5.99 for a tube & lasts forever.  It has great staying power! We all spend alot of money on makeup, so I like to save a little where I can.  I have been using the same tube for about 8 months now & it is just starting to run out.  Definitely check it out.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I don't always use eye primer, but NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is my go-to -- UDPP is great, too, but I prefer NARS because it's traceless and it works so well! :smileyhappy:

NurseCupcake

I used up an UDPP last year and really enjoyed that one. I then got a mac paint pot in painterly. I'm trying to use that one up as i got a sample of the Lorac primer with my ProPalette and I also have a sample of the too faced shadow insurance from some random kit I got a while ago too. I just can't seem to get through that paint pot, but I want to use it up so it doesn't dry out and I waste my  money on it. 

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

I love my UDPP, I haven't used the Lorac one before.I use p

I will be honest in saying I use primers and bases/paint pots all depending on the look I'm going for or what I'm trying to achieve. My frequent pairings are:

UDPP + Mac Paintpots

UDPP + Maybelline Color Tattoos

UDPP + NYX Eyeshadow Base in Milk [Jar form mostly]

txmommyofboys

I like Milani and Too Faced shadow insurance. 

aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have dark lids so i prefer to use paint pots. I don't really have an issue with creasing, i just have deep eyes so they tend to crease on the inner corner and not all e/s.  I use Mac soft ochre or layin low 

before i was using both and then realized i only needed one, it was UD eden and too faced shadow insurance. 

txmommyofboys

(0) Hearts

I LOVE paint pots too! 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

its great when you don't have time, you can just set it with an e/s and done

annypoo

(0) Hearts

I like Too faced shadow insurance and Urban decay primer potion, both in original. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • katie1724
    • aviscardi
    • latinadiva
    • dollface131313
    • aggiegirl2012