NikkiShops

What is your HG eyeshadow for lids? Looking for more to add to my faves!

Hey lovely ladies, I'm looking for some help to add new lid colors to my collection.  I have lots of eyeshadow palettes but I feel like most of them have a lot of medium to dark shades to choose from with very few lid colors.  I have fair skin and green eyes.  These are my HG faves that I know I will buy over and over again.  I love that they are shimmery without being over the top and also help to brighten my eye area.  I can go from day to night looks with these colors.  So what are your faves and what would you recommend?  Please share!  :smileyhappy:

Urban Decay in "Sin"

sin.jpg

Laura Mercier "Rosegold"

rose.jpg

garnett

Re: What is your HG eyeshadow for lids? Looking for more to add to my faves!

(0) Hearts

I have light skin and blue eyes.  Because my eyes are deep set I like to use a light, matte color on my lid.  Two favorites of mine are UD Foxy and WOS.  They are both found in the UD Naked Basics Palette.  Foxy is also sold individually. 

calamityjane85

swfupload_1714221361952290008.jpg

lt bronze .....bottom row 4th from left. It is so amazing with my skin tone and eyes.  aaahhh HG HG HG.

swfupload_5712476459697749122.jpg 

carolang

(0) Hearts

Oh I have that shadow and that caviar stick (I like it for "no makeup" make up days, but its not too visible on me). I should layer them!

I think you would like the Too Faced Boudoir palette. Some of the colors I don't think have the best color payoff (sometimes I don't want a super powdery pigmented shadow, though - so I like this actually). The first vertical row is a nice white, a beautiful rose gold (I think you might like this - a little more "golden" than sin though), and a light purple. I love the second vertical row, but I find I have to use my fingers to apply to get more product packed on my lid. The first peach shade is BEAUTIFUL in the crease, adds this amazing warmth to this purple-y smokey eye you can make. The second two are my favorites in the whole palette.

The dark purple, grey, and black are dark. The black is best saved for powder liner (its slightly brown). The grey is not too dark. The purple is a little dark but I'll use both the purple and grey to darken the outer corner.

Okay maybe TMI but I think you'll really enjoy this palette!

IllegallyBlonde

(0) Hearts

I'm weird in that I only prefer matte shades, and 90% of the palettes available are mostly shimmery (which is why I only end up using "naked" and "buck" from UD Naked :smileysad:

A lot of days I end of using the 2 colors I just mentioned, or giving up and using a matte bronzer for my lids with just a highlighter on top. 

The best palette I found, though, is Smashbox "blue eyes" palette (even though my eyes aren't blue.) Their trios are nice, too, but kind of expensive considering I can get a whole kit for the same amount from another brand.

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

I LOVE the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette. I think that "birthday suit" "satin sheets" and "sugar walls" would be amazing lid shades for your green eyes! Let me know if you want to see swatches. swfupload_1487367040571078922.jpg

beethousand

Mac Naked Lunch, Giorgio Armani ETK #8, and the second lightest shade in the Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage quad are great lid colors for me.

syritt

(0) Hearts

I feel silly, but what does HG stand for?

Also I LOVE the Lise Watier's eyeshadow quartet in Champagne and Chocolate. It is my go-to right now, and I would recommend it as a neutral palette for any fair complexion. (Thank you Wantable. ^_^)

mpolansky

[ Edited ]

HG means "Holy Grail" ... Basically the product you couldn't live without. People usually say it in regards to various categories like _____ is my holy grail mascara, or _____ is my holy grail concealer, etc etc.

wendyomgwar

Holy grail :smileyhappy: 

kenny

I have a couple from UD also:

-Sin

-Foxy

-Toasted

-Buck 

Another recent HG find is Lise Watier's eyeshadow quartet in Les Lumieres. It has four pale shimmery shades, that are great for brightening the eye, pairing with other shadows or just using on their own.

swfupload_8297520649778141460.jpg

poshified

I wish Lise Watier was more accessible in the states! :smileyhappy: I've loved everything I've ever tried from her line. Her lipglosses with the built in light is too darn cute!

kenny

I noticed there has been a lot of Lise Watier in beauty boxes lately, I'm wondering if that has been part of a push to get it south more. I do love Lise Watier, it isn't too crazy expensive and I love the quality. There is also some gorgeous products in the collections, the spring 2013 blush is sooo pretty.

poshified

By default, I had to google the blush. Talk about a stunner! Wantable Subscription box has been pushing Lise Watier and Face Stockholm, which is perfectly fine with me :smileyhappy:

kimchikween

TOM FORD IN THE PINK_.jpg

Tom Ford - In the Pink: the shimmer is really subtle for day but you can oomph it up for night.

thebeautylookbook has a review and swatches for this palette

poshified

The Tom Ford She Wolf is on my wishlist, haha!

kimchikween

I think a lot of the Tom Ford Fall collection is on my wishlist. The perfumes are amazing...amazingly expensive...so I'm going to make the most of my samples.  :smileywink:

poshified

(0) Hearts

I almost choked at the price of those TF perfumes! I wish there was a TF counter close to me so I can see how the others smell.

kimchikween

Hmm...maybe I should grab some more samples...next TSB? :smileyhappy:

poshified

(0) Hearts

I wouldn't mind trying some TF perfumes for the next TSB! PS, check out Lancome's website for their newest GWP! Pretty legit, I think :smileyhappy:

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Yea - of course they come out with this after I already bought some of their stuf... :smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • nathaliew
    • malday
    • wendyomgwar
    • poshified