dianakitty1233

What is a good high end and drug store mascara that will hold a curl for long straight eyelashes?

I have really long, but straight eyelashes and I use a lash curler and its kind of hard to find a good mascara that will actually hold the curl. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a good mascara. 

tracygirl64

Re: What is a good high end and drug store mascara that will hold a curl for long straight eyelashes

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara! I have the same problem, long and straight lashes. Most of the mascaras out there weigh my lashes down. Buxom Amplified actually works for me and holds the curl from my eyelash curler, I love it! And, it's made out of more natural ingredients. Highly recommend it! :smileyhappy:

JayReed

Re: What is a good high end and drug store mascara that will hold a curl for long straight eyelashes

(0) Hearts

I use Two Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and it holds up very nicely. When I have a long day this is my go to mascara because it does not lose the curl or flake and looks awesome all day. Another good one I have use is Lash Domination from Bare Minerals.

lciicl

(0) Hearts

i do a lot of research on EWG and the Good Guide. L'oreal Paris' line has been clean consistently - and now that they have a nice range of mascaras with dual primer/mascara wands, that is the one that I iwll be trying.

I usually use Shiseido since it has rice bran in it, and fortifies your lashes and helps them grow. But the price point isn't worth it. DO NOT use Kanebo's lash primer! the primer sticks on like glue and the other day i had to pull off the leftover primer (some lashes were sacrificed in the process).

Tarte - not a fan of the white chunky and viscous primers. I think there are additives that cause allergic reaction. Same goes for Lancome XL and Dior. I've been using Dior for over 3 years simply for photoshoots, but i have gone completely organic and my photos come out the same.

btw. my lashes will not hold a curl either. unless i prime them, coat both under and over my lashes.... then use the curler. twice. 

dianabt

Hi dianakitty1233, 

Try anything that has a curling feature to it- Often these ones (particularly those made by L'Oreal and Lancome) tend to have a small amount of waxes that actually help to hold and shape the curls to your lash. Using a lash primer as well will help and so does a quick blast of (warm!) air from a blow dryer to the curler- just test on your fingers first to be sure it's not too hot so you don't hurt yourself! I've even gone so far as to use a lash curler AFTER applying mascara but yikes, make sure the mascara is 100% dry or you can cause breakage and a bit of damage to the lashes. Trial and error really is key!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I find that Benefit's They're Real Mascara holds a curl very well.  Basically whatever my lashes look like when I put the mascara on, they look like like at the end of the day when I am ready to take it off. 

dianakitty1233

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice!! :smileyhappy:

BeautyLove02

I know you said you were afraid to try lash primers again...but if you decide to try one, Lancôme Cils Booster is a great one. Much better than Tarte's imo. Some companies use plant extracts and that causes reactions in some people. A good drugstore mascara to try that holds curl might be Loreal Collagen Booster (I think? I know its collagen-something-or-other, in the solid black tube). It's a little bit of a dryer formula which is necessary to hold a curl after using a lash curler. Wet ones weigh down lashes. A high end one you could try is MUFE Smokey Lash or Too Faced Lash Injection. Both work great for me and hopefully you find one that works

DoctorsMrs

I agree with @asdsfgh that waterproof formulas hold curl the best. On my lashes waterproof always seems to look nicest too (more dramatic). They (waterproof formulas) are so hard to get off though even with a remover formulated for waterproof eye makeup. I also think they dry my lashes out and cause some lash fallout. Definitely a trade off. I save waterproof for special occasions for these reasons.

asdsfgh

How do you feel about waterproof? I have the same problem as you and waterproof formulas are the only ones that hold a nice curl for me. My favorite highend is Armani Eyes to Kill (Waterproof) and drugstore is probably Maybelline The Rocket in waterproof 

beautylovingirl

@DoctorsMrs.- Wow you really have some straight lashes. Did you try using a primer first? And yes for sure everyone has their own favorites.:smileyhappy:

DoctorsMrs

I don't use lash primer. I purchased the primer from Tarte last year and had a serious allergic reaction. I'm afraid to try primer again. I'm sure that other brands have totally different formulas and that it's possible that I'd be fine with another brand but the reaction was so extreme and severe that I can't bring myself to risk it again.

beautylovingirl

No doubt the Dior Iconic Overcurl  Mascara. You will love it!

DoctorsMrs

I couldn't get the Dior Iconic Overcurl to hold the curl in my lashes at all :smileysad:

I've had good success with the Korres Volcanic lately though.

Mascara is so trial and error. Seems like everyone has their own fave.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • tracygirl64
    • dianabt
    • lciicl
    • beautylovingirl
    • asdsfgh
    • DesertRose0706