What eyeshadow palette do you regret purchasing?

lecia1167

What eyeshadow palette do you regret purchasing?

[ Edited ]

Usually, I can make a palette work for me, but the Smashbox Heatwave Palette is just not doing the trick for me. The colors are pretty, but they go on really light. Plus the fallout is ridiculous.

I bought it a long time ago, so I'm gonna have to MsGyver this bad boy and use some colors with other palettes I have to make it work.

I guess I can try it wet, too. I haven't done that yet.

What eyeshadow palette to you regret purchasing?

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=SMASHBOX%20Heat%20Wave%20Eye%20Shadow%20Pal...

Teresaanne92

Re: What eyeshadow palette do you regret purchasing?

Any Kat Von D palette, I bought a few and then returned them a few weeks later. Awful fallout, chalky, terrible pigmentation. Exchanged them for some UD!:smileyhappy:

vinga

It's Naked 2 for me too. I find the colors boring, unflattering and difficult to work with. I have a lot of eye shadows and this palette creates the most fallout I have ever experienced. I get always get a fairy face after applying. 
I have no idea why I didn't return it.

sundaespal

I was having the same problem with the fallout, so I switched to sponge applicators (like in drugstore eyeshadows) and it really helped the problem.

AllyKatVA

I love that term, "fairy face"!

shortstuff07

UD Smoked, it just doesn't work on me.  

Tayvm

Also Smashbox Heatwave.  I rushed in to grab it when it was first released (they hadn't even put it out on the shelves yet), but cannot get a look that I really like with it.  It looks gorgeous in the palette, and the colours swatch well. It just poops out on my eyes.  

oklady2013

I'm sure I'll be in the minority here but the Anastasia Beverly Hills Catwalk palette was a TOTAL fail. The packaging is gorgeous the product is not. Poorly pigmented, tons of fallout, chalky, powdery & last about an hour with primer .The other one I regret a bit but not nearly as much as the ABH one Is, the Sephora holiday palette. The colors are gorgeous but they're very dry feeling. I need several layers for the color to show & I'm fair skinned. These were both first purchases from these brands.  I learned my lesson. anything that I don't see up close first I don't order unless I  have other products in that category from that line.

spacesuit

The only palette I own that I regret buying is the KVD Poetica palette. The shade I was most excited about (the purple duochrome) is really underwhelming even over a white base, it just looks like a plain lavender. The two dark matte colors I'm not a fan of either, they have this chunky glitter and are a pain to blend. And, the eyeliner that came with the palette smudges terribly on me. I'm trying to make the orange/copper color work for me though, we'll see how that goes.

ladymeag

I have this palette and regret it for different reasons (see below) but wanted to say: I didn't realize the purple was supposed to be a duochrome! That's a little sad that I had no idea but it explains what's supposed to make it different from the purples in Sinner.

ladymeag

I bought a bunch of Too Faced palettes all at once and regretted every one of them. Chalky, not enough of a range of colors. 

I love my Kat Von D palettes but kind of regret buying Poetica - I have Sinner, Saint, Ludwig, and Ladybird and Poetica is just too warm and the colors it does have that work have better counterparts in the other palettes. 

friedrice

How do you like the Saint Palette? I was thinking of getting it.I keep going back and forth with that palette at the store.

Is it different enough from Naked1?  Thanks

ladymeag

It has fewer mattes than Naked 1, which is sad because I love matte shadow. It's more cool-toned than Naked 1, so if you have a warm complexion, I'd go with Naked 1. Overall, I like it, I just don't reach for it as often as I do others because it's so shimmery. I picked it over Naked 2 because it felt more wearable - I've still debated going back and getting Naked 2 to see which I like better, in reality. 

annekevdb

I can't recall the name - but it was Urban Decay and all the colors looked black when they were on. In the container they looked green, purple, etc. - but on the skin they were really pretty much black. I ended up throwing it away after it gathered dust for a couple years. I don't really love any of my Urban Decay palletts and I have not bought the Nakeds for that reason. Too much glitter and fallout in too many of their other colors. 

ali25ma

(0) Hearts

I know exactly what you mean you are referring to UD THE BLACK PALETTE.. The colors are nice but once applied they appear to be black.

saturnwings

Yup.  The black palette.  It's the one UD palette I don't love.  Still have mine and am still trying to figure out how to work it to come off not black.  I'm going to figure it out one of these days!

BlushHoarder

The Black palette. I own two of this palette and love it.

ilovebears

Naked Basics!!  The colors in the middle are too similar and don't show up well on my skintone.  I really only ever use Venus, Faint, and Crave.

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

If I could get WOS (Walk of Shame) on its own, I would probably go through it quickly - but I rarely use Foxy. I think there's a shade or two like that in every palette and small palettes make it more obvious/feel like more of a waste.

DesertRose0706

Definitely the Naked 2 for me.  It is the last palette I ever reach for because the colors and looks I can create are just so boring and don't really make my blue eyes stand out much.  I wish I had returned it.

ayen85

Naked2 palette.i just couldnt make it work for me.too much shimmer and taupe just ddnt look grEat on my skintone. 

lsp2005

Marc Jacobs the tease palette. Lovely colors, horrible fall out. Now that I know better I should have saved the money. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 111 replies
  • 173 hearts
  • 77 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • itscarin
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • reflectsgold
    • hydee77