What eyeshadow palette do you regret purchasing?

[ Edited ]

Usually, I can make a palette work for me, but the Smashbox Heatwave Palette is just not doing the trick for me. The colors are pretty, but they go on really light. Plus the fallout is ridiculous.

I bought it a long time ago, so I'm gonna have to MsGyver this bad boy and use some colors with other palettes I have to make it work.

I guess I can try it wet, too. I haven't done that yet.

What eyeshadow palette to you regret purchasing?

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=SMASHBOX%20Heat%20Wave%20Eye%20Shadow%20Pal...

Re: What eyeshadow palette do you regret purchasing?

I don't really regret any one palette, specifically, but I do regret buying so many -- they never get enough use! I have both Naked palettes and several Guerlain palettes, but I tend to reach for the Burberry singles. I'll have to put some of them back in rotation! :smileyhappy:

The Urban Decay Book of Shadows 4. I got it when it was first released. I loved it when I first got it but a month afterwards I wished and still wish I hadn't purchased it. The only super used shade is Baked :smileysad: I probably should have just gotten that individual shadow. I did love the full size 24/7 eyeliner and primer potion and Supercurl mascara minis though. Kinda want my $64 back, just saying. It didn't do anything for me. It's just been sitting in my drawer for a year and a half now :/

I feel like that can be said for any and all of UD's book of shadows.  I bought a few of them back in the day, I don't remember their names, but I ended up "depotting" them since everyone was doing it on youtube. 

Everyone was complaining about the bulk and how they never used them because it was so bulky, so I thought if I depotted mine, I'd get more use out of it.  Needless to say, that didn't happen.  The depotted shadows now live in a Z Palette with a few other random depotted palettes.  I have no idea what any of their names are and I never use any of them, either.  I don't know why, but there's something about the Book of Shadows that's user un-friendly.

Probably going to be the only one saying this but LORAC Pro. Yes pretty colors but just don't last long on my eyes and fall out.

That's how I feel about this Smashbox palette. So much fallout, it looked like I had put shadow all the way around my eyes. I just gave up and went to work. Today is an eyeshadow fail. Ha!

lecia1167, have you tried applying the smash box shadows with your fingers? I have a terrible time with the heatwave palette but when I use my fingers, wow the colors are pretty!

(0) Hearts

theBalm's Balm Jovi palette. It is way too pigmented for me and I could never make it work. Ended up selling it to a co-worker for half the price. She's getting more use out if it than I ever could so I'm glad :smileyhappy:

I have not! I'll try that.

The MAC eyeshadow palette I created when I first got into higher end makeup and MAC was all the hype. Such a waste of money.

Naked I and II - yes odd ball here:smileyhappy:

Same here. If we have it to long we can't exchange it or anything at all? I so regret the naked 2 I only use the gold colors the black is hard for me to blend and the dark colors and glitter look like a mess on me.

Stila "In the Light" Palette. I absolutely hate it. The colors are pretty in the package, but they are hardly pigmented and have terrible fallout.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments