lecia1167

What eyeshadow palette do you regret purchasing?

[ Edited ]

Usually, I can make a palette work for me, but the Smashbox Heatwave Palette is just not doing the trick for me. The colors are pretty, but they go on really light. Plus the fallout is ridiculous.

I bought it a long time ago, so I'm gonna have to MsGyver this bad boy and use some colors with other palettes I have to make it work.

I guess I can try it wet, too. I haven't done that yet.

What eyeshadow palette to you regret purchasing?

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=SMASHBOX%20Heat%20Wave%20Eye%20Shadow%20Pal...

poshified

Re: What eyeshadow palette do you regret purchasing?

Adding Vice 1 and Sigma's Paris palette to the list. Nothing wrong with the pigmentation of Vice 1 -- I just don't wear colors too often. Sigma's, however, was downright terrible, colors or not.

upload_6638013062541059964.jpg

princesskat17

Awww man, I had been thinking about buying this :smileysad: The colors look so pretty.

IttyxBittyxMe

NAKED 1 by Urban Decay. I fell for the hype, which was a big mistake. I really didn't like the palette at all and returned it. 

itscarin

(0) Hearts

I almost never use Naked 1 either.  I use Toasted, and the matte brown shade in there.  Other than that I don't really like the other colors in there.  I hate the last two shades which are loaded with glitter.

melde

Aw I love this. It is perfect for me! :smileyhappy:

mberteig

Naked 1, I have it but never use it, and now it's been too long and I can't return it...

princesskat17

MUFE Midnight Glow. The colors looked beautiful and I wanted to like it so badly!! But they were barely pigmented and did not show up on my lids even with a good primer. This baby went back to Sephora.

Also, Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons. Love the mascara and primer it came with, but this palette is seriously fallout city!! I still use it sometimes, but it is really annoying to deal with :smileysad:

lillyjumper

i regret one of the lancome 5 color shadows. i got it an loved it at first, but then never used it and never find myself using the colors.. i did get a pink/gold combo and just don't find it looks good on me anymore... :smileysad:

SydBristow

Lorac Unzipped. Almost all of the shadows looked the same on me. I returned it. :smileysad:

Kiki1517

Lorac Pro, UD Naked 2, and UD Book of Shadows. Keep your eyes peeled, Lorac Pro will most likely end up in one of the Traveling Boxes :smileyhappy: I've already given away the other 2. I actually won a 2nd Book of Shadows at a baby shower and gave that one away too lol. Judy from Itsjudytime was throwing my friends shower and she made gift bags for the games with all those free goodies she gets sent).

plm95

I am also not a fan of the Lorac Pro Palette. The shadows had fallout and felt overly powdery, not buttery as all of the hype suggests.

KayyLynn

The Urban Decay Oz palettes, I NEVER used them so I returned them.

gem5136

(0) Hearts

Mine too! so pretty but I never used it. Ended up giving the Glinda away to my little sister.

itscarin

The Glinda one was worse than the Theodora one.  I wish I held off on buying it because it's on sale for $24 now, and I think I originally paid $60 for it.  The iridescent 1/2 and 1/2 one from the Glinda palette is the worst, though.  It looks awful on me.  I wanted to like it because it reminded me of this Chanel lip gloss palette I bought in 1998 or something.  I should probably just smash it up and turn it into lipgloss.

hydee77

(0) Hearts

This is also my regret!  I purchased them straight from Urban Decay and it's been too long so I can't return them.  An upside is that the palettes are reusable, so I was able to swap out the shades I wasn't wearing. :smileyhappy:

caliglow66

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The main reason I bought the Glinda palette was because I love the case! I gave away the colors I didn't like (the pink and peach ones) and I hardly use the other colors but I use the case everyday :smileywink:

katie1724

I don't really regret any one palette, specifically, but I do regret buying so many -- they never get enough use! I have both Naked palettes and several Guerlain palettes, but I tend to reach for the Burberry singles. I'll have to put some of them back in rotation! :smileyhappy:

ilovetopurplefy

The Urban Decay Book of Shadows 4. I got it when it was first released. I loved it when I first got it but a month afterwards I wished and still wish I hadn't purchased it. The only super used shade is Baked :smileysad: I probably should have just gotten that individual shadow. I did love the full size 24/7 eyeliner and primer potion and Supercurl mascara minis though. Kinda want my $64 back, just saying. It didn't do anything for me. It's just been sitting in my drawer for a year and a half now :/

itscarin

I feel like that can be said for any and all of UD's book of shadows.  I bought a few of them back in the day, I don't remember their names, but I ended up "depotting" them since everyone was doing it on youtube. 

Everyone was complaining about the bulk and how they never used them because it was so bulky, so I thought if I depotted mine, I'd get more use out of it.  Needless to say, that didn't happen.  The depotted shadows now live in a Z Palette with a few other random depotted palettes.  I have no idea what any of their names are and I never use any of them, either.  I don't know why, but there's something about the Book of Shadows that's user un-friendly.

melisa16

Probably going to be the only one saying this but LORAC Pro. Yes pretty colors but just don't last long on my eyes and fall out.

lecia1167

That's how I feel about this Smashbox palette. So much fallout, it looked like I had put shadow all the way around my eyes. I just gave up and went to work. Today is an eyeshadow fail. Ha!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 111 replies
  • 173 hearts
  • 77 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • itscarin
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • reflectsgold
    • hydee77