What eyeshadow palette do you regret purchasing?

[ Edited ]

Usually, I can make a palette work for me, but the Smashbox Heatwave Palette is just not doing the trick for me. The colors are pretty, but they go on really light. Plus the fallout is ridiculous.

I bought it a long time ago, so I'm gonna have to MsGyver this bad boy and use some colors with other palettes I have to make it work.

I guess I can try it wet, too. I haven't done that yet.

What eyeshadow palette to you regret purchasing?

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=SMASHBOX%20Heat%20Wave%20Eye%20Shadow%20Pal...

Re: What eyeshadow palette do you regret purchasing?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Too Faced Country and Rock N' Roll. I bought into the hype and ordered them (along with cat eyes but I don't really regret that one) and now they sit in a drawer on my vanity... for use "one day".I think the only Too Faced palettes that I've loved were the Natural Eyes and the Chocolate Bar :smileysad:

(0) Hearts

Mine would have to be the Chocolate Bar Palette by Too Faced. I tried so hard to come up with a look I loved so I wouldn't regret buying it but I never did. Maybe I am just over all the nudes and "naked" colors but I ended up giving this to my Sister.

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay Naked 3. The colors do not look good with my fair skin, so this palette is stuck in a drawer somewhere. I've probably used it twice. I know from now on though to go swatch a palette first and not rush to get it just because it's supposed to be "the best one yet". 

(0) Hearts

I love this thread! I thought the Glinda palette was so pretty and I was sort of regretting NOT buying it until I saw how frequently it was mentioned in this thread.

My biggest eyeshadow palette regret is a Tarte holiday palette, and I'm not sure it counts as regret because I used all the other stuff it came with (lip glosses, blush, finishing powder, blush brush). The palette isn't awful, but it's certainly not as good quality as all the Urban Decay palettes I have. Plus, the Tarte palette is so big! But I don't want to throw it away just because it has a few colors that none of my other palettes do. 

(0) Hearts

The Urban Decay Black palette. I never use it. 

The now discontinued Smokey palette from UD - and let me tell you, they had good reasons to discontinue that! The colors were absolutely stunning, but once you try to blend them, they completely disappeared from the lids and the color actually transferred below my eyes. Just horrible.

(0) Hearts

A Michelle Phan one!  The Em line…those big palettes.  I was urged to try one and do a review.  Awful!!!! I don't think I was able to find anything very positive to say about it.  Those positive reviews? I just shake my head.

And the KVD eyeshadow palette from 2014 Holiday.  At least that one had a few okay shades.  But the directions were as bad as the shadows.  I tried their looks and they were a disaster.  Some sort of always smoky gothic look?  

There is also an old YSL palette (the old formula) with all purples.  It's actually quite pretty but really not as pigmented or long wearing it should be at that price point.  So I regret it because it should have been better at the price.

Well this thread got me all riled up….

(0) Hearts

My answer is the same as yours lecia! I hate the Heatwave palette with a passion. It has actually turned me off from ever buying a smashbox palette ever again. I love the look and idea of the full exposure palettes but have never purchased because of how horrible I thought the Heatwave palette was. It's the only palette I've ever purchased that I really can't find a use for. 

(0) Hearts

a tarte palette, naked 3 but cause i rarely use it, i should use it today, the stila green palette - colors didnt work for me, too faced rock n roll, only bought it for one shade. 

(0) Hearts

Without a doubt, Urban Decay Glinda Palette (Oz the Great and Powerful collection. 

And the Too Faced Return of Sexy Palette... very shimmery, I finally returned it, Thank God ! lol

I totally agree on the Glinda palette!  It was pretty awful and the shades didn't really go together.  I ended up putting in my giveaway bag (I put all the samples I won't use in there and other things.  Then when I get together with the few friends I have who actually wear makeup I bring it and let them take whatever they want) and a friend got it.

YES ! This is exactly what I thought, the shades didn't really go well together !
I must find a new home for this palette :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Bobbi Brown's LE Old Hollywood, as not one of the shades works with my skin tone at all! :smileysad:

(0) Hearts

That's too bad! The colors look gorgeous. (I just googled it)

(0) Hearts

em eyeshadow palettes.  There not as pigmented as i hope and putting the lipglosses with the eyeshadow is a bad idea bc the fallout from the shadows gets in it

All of the tarte palettes I've ever bought. I got sucked in with the cutest packaging a couple years back. I gave away 2 palettes but am working on one. I try to use it at least once a week. Eventually I'll toss it or also give it away. I wasted money on 3 palettes cause of how pretty the packaging was :smileysad:

I just purchased the Tartlette palette because it was all matte and got good reviews from other bloggers/youtubers but it just doesn't compare to the new mufe shadows, which I'm hooked on.

(0) Hearts

I love the mattenificant palette much more and was slightly disappointed but still like the tartelette. 

(0) Hearts

Me too! I would say the eyeshadow palette I regret the most is the Tarte for True Blood. I'm not a fan of the show and only half the shadows called to me but the packaging was so interesting. I feel so silly for falling for that lol

(0) Hearts

Try using NYX's jumbo pencil in Milk for a base for it to stick to and it also helps the colors pop. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments