callmefafi

What does everyone think of MakeUp Geek's eyeshadows??!!

I've been going online everyday and looking at MakeUp Geek's eyeshadows.  I want to try them so badly but I've never purchased makeup online without actually trying it out to see if I like the color, pigment, or creaminess of the shadows.  Has anyone tried their shadows? If so, what would you compare them to?

I will appreciate all responses both bad and good...I need to weigh the pros and cons before I even think about ordering online. 

Thanks! :heart:

aviscardi

Re: What does everyone think of MakeUp Geek's eyeshadows??!!

(0) Hearts

I love the e/s!!! probably the only thing i'd consider "drugstore" that i really enjoy., the pigmentation is right up there with MAC e/s. the only thing i noticed is that there's not a huge color selection compared to MAC, and a few shades seem to be OOS often. so I wait a while til i can order all at once. I haven't tried her pigments purely because of A. the packaging. i prefer the taller ones like mac and B. they just seem really intense super metallic and glittery

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

The pigments are as good as MAC if not better in my opinion. At one time I had close to 50 pigments from MAC. Now I just stick primarily with MUG. 

carolang

(0) Hearts

I've ordered from the site, but only the pigments... and I love them! I highly suggest throwing one or two (and get the pack of sifters) in with your order! Utopia is pretty but a little more diffcult to work with (chunky, will need a glitter base) but insomnia is gorgeous.. like mac blue brown but a hint greener.

floridab

(0) Hearts

For the price, they are worth trying.  The pigmentation of the ones I have is just as good as mac.  I don't buy drug store shadows any more, because for the money, MUG shadows are better quality at comparable prices.

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

They are as good if not better than MAC. I'd highly recommend them! The MUG pigments also are AH-MAZING! The shipping is fast too. 

LotusBoob

(0) Hearts

I am a HUGE fan of Peach Smoothie, which is a matte, warm peach shade. This is the only MUG shadow I own, as I already have a large MAC collection, and it is the same quality, if not better, than MAC.

The blendability (is that a word) is great, especially for a matte shadow, and it's my go-to crease color with many warm looks.

SDdenm

(0) Hearts

Ive considered buying several MUG shadows. Ive seen several youtube gurus and makeup artists on instagram reference MUG eyeshadows in their tutorials and looks so I think they are pretty good quality. Im on a no buy right now so it'll be a while before I go ahead and order some :smileyhappy:

nikki

Her eyeshadows look so pretty. I believe Kandie has them and likes them, and I trust her opinion. The swatches look amazing. Keep us updated if you order!

newandaddicted

[ Edited ]

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a few and her brushes.  I have 2 z palettes that are crying out for some new friends! 

I 2nd the advice to look for reviews.  I usually look on YT and try and find someone who has a similar skin tone to mine.  I'm not sure what their return policy is but it's $7 can't hurt to try them.

CKEY, Queenmicka28 on YT are brown girls who I trust (they have a smaller following but they are truthful) to give me the real deal.

daisies121

I have 15 of them and I really like them.  My favorite is her black e/s, it truly is  the most pigmented black e/s I've ever used.

DiVWA

[ Edited ]

I agree with Mrs. Baine. I've tried a couple dozen and had a couple right off the bat that I didn't like (color was wrong). Some are betters than others.

I found that reading the reviews were really helpful. If someone said another MUG color was very similar or a bit lighter/darker, that made me just get whichever lighter or darker one I wanted (instead of both). If someone complained of chalkiness or major fallout, that would make me avoid the color. If someone said the color was way different than what the screen showed, then however they said it was different would influence whether I got it or not.

Overall, I'd rate the eyeshadow as a small step below Kat Von D, and two small steps below Burberry. It's about the same as the better Sephora Collection shadows, which include the Sephora Luster Matte ones (not the matte ones) and some of the shimmer ones.

callmefafi

(0) Hearts

See that makes me not want to buy them...I'm not a fan of Sephora Collection shadows.  I much prefer Urban Decay or Marc Jacobs.  I'm in love with Anastasia Beverly Hills and I heard that she is coming out with a option for z palettes and pan shadows.  I might just wait until then now that I've read your reviews.  I thank you so much!!!

:kiss: :heart:

DiVWA

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I know what you mean about Sephora. What I'm talking about are the good ones, and there are a few. The Luster Matte series is pretty good. There are several good shimmer shadows, like Cookie Crunch. Those are the ones I'm referring to. Not the duds like the Matte ones and some of the awful shimmer/glitter ones.

That said, I don't blame you for just wanting to avoid them. They're good shadows but most are dupable. I do like the more unique MUG colors like Bitten and Chickadee. I also use Beaches & Cream as my go-to under-brow color, even when using my Burberry and other shadows.

mrsbaine

I have 4 or 5. Some colors are better than others. The texture is close to Mac. Some have staying power, others don't. for $6 you might as well try it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • nikki
    • daisies121
    • aviscardi
    • mrsbaine
    • floridab
    • LotusBoob