jpc65

What color eyeshadow should I wear with brown/hazel eyes?

(0) Hearts

I'm not sure what color eyeshadow is a good choice for brown/hazel eyes. I use grey now, but would a different color look better? I heard I shouldn't use brown, is that true? Are there better colors to use?

Thank you!

beautylovingirl

Re: What color eyeshadow should I wear with brown/hazel eyes?

(0) Hearts

@amandasmakeup- It's like the others said we aren't allowed to post outside links.

jpc65

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for all of your guys help! I can't wait to try out some of these new ideas!! 

Spoiler
:smileyhappy:
bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

I use brown a lot of the times I used eye shadows, just because its for everyday, but if I want to make my eyes pop, I would likely to reach for a purple or navy. 

onomotopoeia9

I have hazel eyes. I used to wear gray, until I discovered neutral purples...and then I discovered browns!!! I have the naked palletes and they bring out the green from the hazel... It is gorgeous, and I wear it all the time. I think you should try it out!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I use browns all the time and it makes my dark brown eyes look amazing. I tend to go toward metallic browns and alittle eyeliner and they look great, i get many compliments when i do just a simple brown eyeshawdow. If you have any eyeshawdows lying around try experimenting with them and see what makes your eyes look good.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

Gold, shiny olive, purples and pinks are great colours for brown/hazel eyes. 

amandasmakeup

(0) Hearts

@beautylovingirl why not? I didn't read that anywhere I was just giving my blog because I have eye tutorials there for brown eyes. Didn't think it was a big deal.

kd006

If you go to the welcome/getting started tab on the main beauty talk page, the last post on that forum, beautytalk guidelines, it says we aren't allowed to post links to other sites. On another feed that you commented on (the show and tell rocker eyeliner) a mod edited your comment. I'm guessing because you posted a link to an outside source. You are allowed to post links to things that are in the sephora site, just not outside it. Like you can post a Kat Von D eyeliner, as long as it is from the sephora site. :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

The MOD's will edit the post if they catch it. It's just a rule they have for some reason, But it's nice you wanted to share.

beautylovingirl

@amandasmakeup- We're not really supposed to be posting outside links on Beauty Talk. Sorry. :smileysad:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I have the same color eye as you but probably have more hazel in them but after all brown/gold/green are hazel eyes. Colors that look great are purples, plums , pinks and golds. I never actually had considered gold until I learned it brings out deeper tones of green and gold in hazel eyes. You can use browns just use one's that are lighter to bring out colors in your eyes. Hope this helps!

amandasmakeup

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

121011-170733.jpg

Brown eyes do not have a complementary color but most eyeshadows suit brown eyes.

Try: Iris, purples, soft browns & taupes, and greens

For Eye Tutorials

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • beautylovingirl
    • onomotopoeia9
    • MintShake