countryfan08

What are best eye primer and liner for oily / hooded lids? Thanks :-)

(0) Hearts

surfgirlmiami

Re: What are best eye primer and liner for oily / hooded lids? Thanks :-)

(0) Hearts

I second Urban Decay primer potion. Smashbox's 24 hour photo finish shadow primer also worked really well for me :smileyhappy:

talinder

For primer hands down NARS Pro Prime Smudgeproof. Keeps your color looking fresher longer than any other brand I've tried. For liner I prefer Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner, but I'm not sure if that's the formula you want.

countryfan08

(0) Hearts

thank you! xo

carolang

I have oily hooded lids, so I feel you. I thought the Too Faced Shadow Insurance (TFSI) was pretty good, but the NARS eye primer is my #1 recommendation. I kept hearing people rave about it on youtube and I brushed it off. I got a sample of it in one of the sephora christmas time promos. Oh. my. god. I work in a hospital and the first time I used it, I looked in the mirror when I got out of the OR (many many many hours later) and I was amazed. It's clear and pretty lightweight. The too faced was a little tackier to me, but then again I only had a gracious sample an SA made for me in store. If you want to try TFSI you could probably do the same since it would be easy to squeeze out. I also like the bareMinerals eye primers (especially the brightening pearl since it is a white base to enhance colors) but the NARs still takes the cake.

The Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP) is a step down for me. A lot of people also like the Lorac primer (comes with the pro palette if you ever bought one of those) and it is similar in consistency to the NARS but not as good. TheBalm makes one as well which is terrible.

So ultimately I'd say choose between the TFSI and the NARS depending on which delivery system you like (the NARS is a doe foot). And this is coming from someone who's eyeshadow will literally disappear off my eyes in a couple hours if I don't use a primer. Now if only there was equally as good of an oily skin face primer!

countryfan08

(0) Hearts

thank you SO much! I'll try them out and let you know what I think :-)

tessie84

My eyes aren't hooded, but they are oily. I love, love, love Too Faced's Shadow Insurance. Your eye-shadow will not budge or crease. Period. A lot too goes a long way, too.

countryfan08

(0) Hearts

thank you!! I've been using the lorac one and I like it but wanted something new :smileyhappy:

killerteeth

[ Edited ]

Urban Decay's Primer Potion was my holy grail before amy skin changed. Just make sure it's the Original formula (in the lavender tube) NOT the anti-aging one or any of the colored ones. 

As for eyeliner, I guess it depends on what kind you go for. I only use a calligraphy liquid pencil-style so here are my recommendations:

Physician's Formula Eye Booster Pen: This is something that you can get at the drugstore-- the style is the same as the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner pen, but the formula is much better. Oh yeah and it's about $6-7 cheaper!

Too Faced Perfect Eyes: This stuff has a really rich color payoff and does not budge.

Kat Von D Autograph Eyeliner: It has a waxier formula than the Too Faced eyeliner, but it's still good. And it comes in some great colors!

Hopefully this helps!

countryfan08

(0) Hearts

awesome thank you so so much! I'll check it out :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • killerteeth
    • talinder
    • carolang
    • surfgirlmiami