Manda

What Palette should I get?

So, I am looking for a new palette.  Now, I am fair skin with dark brown eyes and hair.  As for color choices, it really doesn't matter.

I have LORAC'S Pro Palette, UD Feminine Palette and.. one from Bare Minerals (which I cannot remember which one).  

Suggestions?

MadisonComplex

Re: What Palette should I get?

I just bought LORAC's Pro Paletter and let me tell you, I am in LOVE! I actually go to is more than my UD Naked Palettes! So awesome.

lovegabydelgado

(0) Hearts

Naked, Naked, Naked! They have many palettes in this line, with so many pretty colors, and with finishes from sparkly to matte!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I agree with ya'll but you know you can go to Lorac's website and be offered more than buying it any where else anyway.

triciaann12

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

-

Manda

I find that tragic. Especially since online doesn't carry their new face primer.

beautylovingirl

I have gotten to where I really love Lorac's  shawdows  I really haven't given much thought to them but was really surprised. Their actually really smooth and apply well.

Manda

LORAC tends to be one of those underrated, unknown brands. It actually makes me rather sad, considering I love their eyeshadows (so pigmented) and their Mascara.  Their Primers are awesome as well.  I've tried their newest one Porefection, and and it is one of the best!  Plus, you get a lot of product for the price.  Also love their eyeshadow primer - I find it better than both UD and TF.

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

I totally agree the eye primer is the best I've used like ever!

Manda

Yes, UD eyeshadows are fun - including their singles. Gotten a lot of random color mixing with it.

onomotopoeia9

agreed! especially their singles...they have so many gorgeous colors, textures, etc.

Of course, I will mention the Naked pallets because someone has to in every related topic lol

But I mean it - -I have all 3 and I love them!

Manda

[ Edited ]

Yes, color mixing is enjoyable.  I did a emerald green, blue jean blue and orange color together.  It actually turned out really lovely. 

And I have been considering the Nakeds or the Nars "When God Created Women" Palette.

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

Yeah, that pallet looks great, especially for a smoky eye with shimmer.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i know ammo is on sale on the UD website for $15!  and there is the mariposa palette on sale for $13 and deluxe shadow box for $15

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

LORAC Pro is my vote. I have fair skin with dark brown eyes and medium brown skin and this is my fave palette right now

Manda

I already have LORAC Pro roxystar. ;D It is one of my favorites. <3

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

If you are looking for lots of color options- NYX 78 color palette is inexpensive (i picked it up at TJMaxx for $12.99) and it has a lot of different shades that are fun to play with. 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

:smileytongue: sorry I must read more carefully. I skimmed and then got too excited.

are you looking for more glittery or more matte? Lots of colors or a few?  I hear RAVE reviews about the Dior  5 colours palettes

Manda

No it is fine. You did no harm at all.

I prefer more shimmer than matte.  Colors, it really doesn't matter nor does it matter how many colors.  I just LOVE color payoff.  If it flakes or is dull, I don't want nothing to do with it.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

dont get the NYX then! not the best color pay off.  beautylovingirl was talking about YSL palettes back in a post on green eyeshadows. I cant attest to their color pay off but they seem really nice! 

I have UD Ammo palette and there are some really fun shades that are shimmery and some that are glittery. I dont think any are matte. I feel like one cannot go wrong with UD eyeshadow either

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

Roxystar is right - I have yet to go wrong with urban decay!

I have a ysl pallet, and the color definitely lasts throughout the day, but a lot of it is super sheer, so you have to build and build...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • Manda
    • triciaann12
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • onomotopoeia9
    • Daniela1387