Melissa226

Wedding makeup for Indian complexion, navy dress and gold accessories

(0) Hearts

I'm going to a wedding in 2 weeks where I'll be wearing a navy strapless teacup dress, black shoes and a large but delicate gold filigree statement necklace, likely with my hair up. I'm of Indo-Caribbean descent with a complexion very similar to say, Freida Pinto, and I'm wondering what kind of eye makeup and lipstick to do. I'm usually a shimmery nude with cateye liner and red lipstick kind of girl, but that's what the bride is wearing; while I'm not actually in the bridal party, she calls me an 'honorary bridesmaid', and will be in pictures with her and the girls (who are all of Italian descent). I'm thinking a nude/pinkish lip with gold eyeshadow and some cobalt accent liner, perhaps under the eye? Note that I'm VERY attached to black eyeliner (My eyes don't pop in pictures without it).

andyhtrieu

Re: Wedding makeup for Indian complexion, navy dress and gold accessories

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I think you can experiment with green liner like Tanya! Her video is titled "haifa wehbe inspired makeup" She used the Naked 1 on her eyes. She used half baked on her lids and buck in her crease. Then, she used MAC eye pencil in undercurrant

upload_3480209623705309009.jpg

19capricorn60

(0) Hearts

I would also recommend the Chocolate Bar palette from Too Faced. Lots of nice pinks, some deep blue and a great brown red. I would go with an deep brownish brick red lipstick.

MysticalAngel

[ Edited ]

I have almost the same type of skintone as you. (And our everyday makeup sounds so similar! LOL I'm also addicted to the cat eye! :smileywink:)

My favorites the Naked Palette:

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=URBAN%20DECAY%20Naked%20Palette%20P267200&s...

Specifically the color Smog:

http://www.sephora.com/eyeshadow-P309813?skuId=1402627

images.jpg 

I would also still rock the cat eye but like mrsbaine suggested, switch it up with a navy gel or liquid liner.

For lips, this is my favorite subtle pinky lip:

http://www.sephora.com/rouge-pur-couture-vernis-a-levres-glossy-stain-rebel-nudes-P381177?skuId=1511...

img_5187_web.jpg

Have fun! :smileyhappy:

mrsbaine

LOVE Smog! Wearing it today! 

image.jpg

You can easily use a different pop color to work with it- this is my everyday eye look. The UD Naked 1 is well worth it. 

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

I'd do a gold and brown shimmery cat eye using a deep navy liner. You'd be surprised at the results you can get with deep navy. Colors in Naked 1 or 2 would work, and Bobbi Brown has a gel liner in Navy. I'm sure you can find a liquid in Navy too. I'd do a nude with pink undertone for the lip. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • mrsbaine
    • MysticalAngel
    • andyhtrieu
    • 19capricorn60
    • Melissa226
Photos4