cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Waterproof mascara

Hello lovelies!  I need new mascara and only use waterproof - I sleep in my mascara sometimes but don't do that!

What is your favorite brand = black & waterproof.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Waterproof mascara

If you have a favorite mascara that happens to not come in waterproof anymore, I know I've spotted a few waterproof topcoats around here lately.

That said, depending on your needs (lengthening, volumizing, etc.), Lancome is always a safe bet for mascaras, in my opinion, and a decent amount of them come in waterproof. The last WP I got from them was the Hypnose Drama, which is hit or miss with many, but I enjoyed it—it's a super volumizing mascara, but it does tend to be ultra-liquidy (and therefore prone to clumping) when it's brand new. After a week or two, it wears better.

And, I won't lie, if it didn't have such a massive brush, I would likely wear CoverGirl Lash Blast (the orange original) WP regularly; it's a heck of a good volumizing mascara.

Wish I had more recommendations; I haven't used waterproof in a good while because it means I can be lazier and skip remover. 🙂

Hi @Anonymous,

For waterproof mascara that is easily accessible at any department store, the CHANEL Inimitable Waterproof Mascara is good.  I've heard that the Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara is waterproof but that is a fiber mascara, and since I don't like fiber mascaras, I returned it.  If fiber mascaras do not bother you, you should try it. 🙂

Also, if you don't mind shopping online, you should try either Japanese or Korean waterproof mascaras.  Due to their summers being so humid, their waterproof mascaras do not budge at all.  Just make sure you have a good waterproof eye makeup remover. 🙂

Hi @Anonymous,

Although I have not tried it yet (I'm loooking to pick it up soon!), I have heard many many good things about the Urban Decay
Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara! It's been tested in the ocean and the gym sooo good enough for me haha! I've heard it's also great at holding curls in stubborn lashes. (: 

XOXO,
Marieke
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing