Watering eyes / smudged shadow

(0) Hearts

My poor eyes water very very badly. I currently use Urban Decay primer and apply my eyeshadow but after I walk to work (25 mins. in the Washington DC humidity) my eye shadow and liner has completely faded and smudged due to my watering eyes. Mascara stays put but I ultimately end up constantly blending the shadow away with a tissue to even it out. Are there any miracle products out there to stop this?

Re: Watering eyes / smudged shadow

(0) Hearts

Thank you fabulous ladies all so much! To the doctor I will go if a CVS type eye drop brand can't fix it. Cheers to you all!

(0) Hearts

The same thing happened to me when I use UD 24/7 liners, but no problem with the eyeshadows. I think there might be some harsh ingredient or something you are allergic to. I recommend you to try a different brand, if the same thing happens again, consult a doctor :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

You really should look into going to the doctor about this- I used to have that problem and it's easily controlled with a daily allergy medicine. It only started after I moved to Virginia because the pollen is different here from where I grew up. 

(0) Hearts

If it's not due to your surroundings, you may have a blocked tear duct And a visit to your gp is in order. Explain to them that youre constantly tearing up with no apparent cause and want to know your options. 

(0) Hearts

Hmmmm, my first question- do you remember if your eyes have always watered or if they started at a certain point?    If it's something in your environment, pollen, cats, or maybe even your makeup....? 

(0) Hearts

I used to work in DC, and commuted from Maryland. Alot of my commute was walking, or standing on a hot metro- cause as you know, the AC is forever broken in the summer. I stopped using UD primer, and started using Too Faced Shadow Insurance and got better results. On really, really hot days, I'd use a setting powder on my eyes before, and after eye shadow which also helped alot. A former co-worker actually used stage makeup as eye shadow primer because she said it stayed put even after crazy sweats. Good Luck! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation