blackunicorn

Urban decay shadow

(0) Hearts

What would be a good Urban Decay eye shadow for all over the lid?  I have light skin, dark hair, green eyes, cool undertones. Thanks!

LarissaLaDonna

Re: Urban decay shadow

(0) Hearts

My all time favorite is Sin. It looks so beautiful and really brightens the eyes. I use it almost everyday.

MLennon

(0) Hearts

I used to use the Naked Basics palette for my every day makeup - perfect highlight shades and Naked 2 is so perfect for a casual every day look. 

lovelykatya

(0) Hearts

To make your green eyes stand out and still making your makeup look natural I would suggest trying :

- Laced, Tease, Naked (they are matte shades)

- Sin,  Virgin, Blunt (satin shades)

I personally LOVE using Laced all over the lid for every day looks, because it had they taupey tone to it , it makes my green eyes stand out soo much, i also combine it with Sin - for the inner corners to brighten them up a bit .

annypoo

(0) Hearts

I love using sin as my all over lid color. It is my go to lid color. It's shimmery but not glittery, I never have an issue with fallout with sin.

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I have fair to light skin, dark hair and green eyes.

I love Virgin, which is on the shimmery side. Foxy, Strange. I have Sin in the shadow pencil, it's quite shimmery but nice.

Maybe give Naked Basics 2 a shot, there's lots of lovely shades in there. :smileyhappy:

Good luck!

Tirah

It is a better deal getting the pallets. Naked, Naked2, Ammo and Smoked are all 50-100% dupes of the singles. Only Naked3 and Electric contain all original colors. There is also an upcoming pallet that will be 75% dupes of the singles. Each individual color in the Naked pallets has the same quantity (.05 oz) as the singles so you can either buy 12 singles for a total of $216 or a Naked pallet for $54.

Cupcakecandy

(0) Hearts

Hey Tirah! What is this upcoming palette you speak of? :smileyhappy:

Tirah

Got an Ulta flyer for their fall 21 days of beauty in September. Says there will be a new UD shadow box with 12 shadows (9 best sellers and 3 new).

blackunicorn

(0) Hearts

Well, you may have a good point! The value is incredible compared to buying the singles. 

LadyInWhite

(0) Hearts

A note about singles vs palettes "value" - I don't know how you're planning to use this, but one of my biggest problems with buying neutral palettes is that a couple of the colors will be something I use daily and run out of quickly, and then I'll have 80% of a palette left hanging around.  The value can go down hill pretty quickly at that point, and I get frustrated because I don't want to use those colors or throw them away.  If you're trying to come up with a everyday look that you'll be using five days a week for the next year, singles may make more sense, even if you're paying more per oz of eyeshadow.  

Personally speaking, for work I usually wear Sin on my lids and inner corner with Smog in the crease and outer corner.  I've finished the Sin in my Naked Palette, the one in my Book of Shadows and am working on the single I got last year.  I've finshed Smog in the Naked palette and am working on a single.  The rest of the palette didn't get much love while I was using those two colors from it, and I don't think I've opened it since I finished Smog.  Just something to consider.

blackunicorn

That's a good point LadyInWhite! But, I love palettes because sometimes it's a good way to discover new shades that I wouldn't have bought in the first place. And if I fall in love and use a shade, then I'll buy the single, and that would still be a good value because I know I love it and I will use it.

Shrewdle

(0) Hearts

YDK is a cool-toned medium copper, which would look amazing with green eyes! I find that it's also a fairly complex shade, because depending on how the light hits it, it can look slightly lighter or darker, cooler or warmer. I have dark hair and cool undertones too, but I have brown eyes instead of  blue and YDK really flattering on me. It's my most used shade in my Naked2 palette, by far, lol.  

blackunicorn

(0) Hearts

I have it in my naked 2 palette, and it's my favorite! :smileyhappy:

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Stray dog or virgin :smileyhappy:

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

All of them are good for using all over the lid. Are you looking for something natural looking or more dramatic?

blackunicorn

(0) Hearts

Just to wear everyday, for work and running errands, so yes, more natural than dramatic, and not too sparkly :smileyhappy: 

andyhtrieu

Virgin or Sin are great colors. I love Sin for highlighting the inner corner. It looks really pretty all over the lid too! :smileyhappy:

blackunicorn

(0) Hearts

Thanks Andy!

TheSocialQuota

(0) Hearts
blackunicorn

Thanks for the swatch! It looks very pretty! I was in store earlier this week and I admit this was one of my favorite!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • lovelykatya
    • ivyxox
    • Cupcakecandy
    • LadyInWhite
    • SydBristow
    • annypoo