hannahcee8

Urban Decay Naked Palettes

[ Edited ]

Hey guys, so I know you've all probably seen this post a lot, but I'm thinking of buying a Naked Palette and was wondering which to get. I don't want both the Naked and the Naked 2 but I could gradually ease into one of these and then the basics palette, or vice versa.

I have brown/green eyes and a slightly tan, olive complexion. I don't want anything overly dramatic - something can be used both for everyday and slightly more dramatic looks for parties and going out for dinner etc. I'd like something to make my eyes pop!

I've heard that the first Naked palette is warmer so I think that may be better for my skin tone, but I've also heard the second one is more natural. Also, I like shimmer but not anything overly shimmery, so what are your thoughts on the Naked Basics?  I've heard matte shades are better for older woman and I'm not very old.

Help would be much appreciated, thank you! xx

hannahcee8

Re: Urban Decay Naked Palettes

(0) Hearts

Thank you all so much for your help!  I think I will be getting the first Naked palette, and possibly the basics in the future.  They both create natural looks, right?

mpolansky

I own the naked basics palette and use it every single day. I always used to use shimmery colors (and still like to play with the ones with shimmer every once in awhile) but for every day wear its perfect. You can make it edgier by using more of the darker colors or keep it simple using the lighter colors. Definitely a purchase you won't regret.

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

Yes they do :smileyhappy:

hannahcee8

(0) Hearts

Thank you! Ahh I'm so excited to try this :smileyhappy:  Just wondering, are there any neutral quads out there?  Like the Clinique or Bare Minerals ones x

michmo

(0) Hearts

http://www.sephora.com/bareminerals-ready-eyeshadow-4-0-P297717?skuId=1441724

bareMinerals - bareMinerals READY™ Eyeshadow 4.0

I've been pretty impressed with the color payoff from the BareMinerals Ready Eyeshadows.  However, you have to be okay with shimmer to consider these shadows.  I find the consistency smooth as butter and they have gorgeous shimmery shades.  

The one above is called the Truth.  They also have a pretty neutral palette on sale called The Star Treatment.  It has a few brighter neutrals (like gold).  

bareMinerals - The Star Treatment™ Set

http://www.sephora.com/the-star-treatment-trade-set-P376790?skuId=1457423

hannahcee8

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I've been eyeing this one haha x

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

I think naked 1 is better. It has both shimmers and mattes (more shimmer than naked 2) i have it and it is very workable. Goodluck :smileyhappy:

hannahcee8

(0) Hearts

Thank you x

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I would suggest Naked 1, it would suit your warmer complexion much better. My skin tone is the same way, and Naked 2 is a bit too cool toned for me.

mafan

(0) Hearts

And if you have a Sephora in JCPenny near you, you can check out the LORAC Palette there. Or check it out at Ulta, who also carries it.  (You can always order on-line if you want to get it from Sephora.)

I don't have either Naked Palette.  I think I would consider either LORAC Pro or Stila In the Light palettes first.  But I like Stila and LORAC shadows a lot, and I've got enough neutrals in other palettes to justify buying either one right now.

malday

I've never owned the Naked  or N2 palettes but I've played with them and they are both very shimmery which has turned me off. Since you are warmer I'd suggest Naked 1 like you said. I also have an olive complexion and the Naked 2 shades didn't look as nice with my skin tone. I own the Naked Basics and use it everyday but I'm also the kind of person who leans towards a natural eye and bold lips. I wouldn't personally say matte shades are necessarily better for older women (I'm 23, always wear mattes), they're just a different look.

hannahcee8

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much!

lylysa

The original Naked palette has more colors/shades that are warmer and have golden undertones, making it more complimentary on brown or green eyes and those with warmer complexions as opposed to providing contrast with the Naked 2 which as cooler neutrals which immediate compliment those with fair skin or even blue or grey eyes upon initial choosing.

Though all the Naked palettes can be worn universally, you will find that it will be easier to get a natural look with the original on your complexion because you won't have the contrast of warm and cool tones but will instead match warm with warm tones.

The Basics palette of matte shades is a great palette on its own but also a great supplementary palette into anyone's eye shadow wardrobe as it's suitable for various skin tones and can be paired with satin, shimmer, or glitter finish shades. There is no rule that states you must stick with one finish for eyes, mix and match and learn to incorporate and find what works best for you and the looks you want to achieve. Mattes can work for users of all ages, they don't catch light as much as satin or shimmer finishes so they can be more subtle and often enhance your eye's shape as opposed to having the focus be on the color itself. 

Though the original and second version do have shades that range in satin to higher shimmer finishes, even some with glitter, to tone them down, take a nude toned, matte shadow or even translucent face powder with a fluffy shadow brush and dust over to tone down their finish.

hannahcee8

Thank you, this is very helpful! xx

michmo

(0) Hearts

I agree about the Naked palette is warmer.  The second one I think gives a very natural eye.  Many people say it is good for cooler skin tones, although I have warm undertones and use the second palette.  

I honestly think the Basics is a waste of money.  There are better all matte palettes out there.  

I've always felt like if I had it to buy again, I probably would have gone with the original naked because I feel like I could have done a few more looks because there is slightly more diversity in the colors.  But it could be a grass is greener feeling since i have the second palette.  The second one is great for natural looking eyes, but you can also get a nice smokey eye from it.  I just find the colors are all very similar and I like a bit more spice.  

I'll also say, have you looked into the LORAC Pro eye Palette?  Many people say they wish they bought that instead of any of the Naked ones.  

Whatever you decide they are all good products. :smileywink:

hannahcee8

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for this :smileyhappy:

And where I live LORAC is unavailable :smileysad: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 6 hearts