Natalian

Urban Decay Naked Basic Or Smashbox Trio in Filter

[ Edited ]

I want a really everyday make up look.or natural or sometime lightly smoke eyes. I went to the store the other day I found two that i like Urban Decay Naked Basic Or Smashbox Trio in Filter. I do not know which one should I get?

Which one has the best quality, high pigmented.... etc 

Help me pick,Please 

roxystar4

Re: Urban Decay Naked Basic Or Smashbox Trio in Filter

UD naked basics is my vote. Ive been underwhelmed with most of Smashbox's shadows. I find I have to apply them with my fingers to get a good color pay-off. I use my UD Naked Basics a lot more than I thought I would when I bought it. I reach for it several times a week to use certain colors (WOS, Naked 2, Foxy, Faint).

theonegoof

I have the Naked basics palette and I ADORE it!!! I cant say enough about it, definitely my best beauty buy of the year! it's perfect for natural smoky eye or for just giving your eyes a little something extra! :smileyhappy: 

snowshoe

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

UD and Smashbox generally have good shadows with occasional glitches (UD's notorious for fallout and glitterbombs, while Smashbox's shimmers can be hit-or-miss).  But if you want natural with the ability to go darker, I would go with Smashbox.  Naked Basics' lightest three shades go on chalky.  

Though if you really want a nice palette that can do natural, smokey, whatever, get Too Faced's Chocolate Bar.

levid

I own all of the naked palettes and the smash box and bars and today finally caved and bought the chocolate bar by too faced and I can already say it will be my favorite for quite a while because of the range of colors. If you haven't looked at it yet check it out before the Naked palettes. 

Biedazzle

I swear by UD eyeshadows. I have a Smashbox palette that I absolutely hate. The colors are not very pigmented at all so I find that I never reach for it. I'd definitely go with UD. 

MegEm

I love my Naked 2 palette if you're willing to splurge a little on the bigger one, but I also have Naked Basics, and I gravitate towards that more for daytime and travel (since the Naked 2 palette is a monster for a travel kit). The Basics palette is lacking in "va-voom" since there are no shimmer shades, but for a smokey eye that can be done more (or less) dramatically as needed, it can't be beat. Plus the colors last forever!

mpas

I think the basic palette is perfect!  I own naked 1 and I don't use half the colors in there.  There are a lot of shimmery shades.  The basic is definitely a very good versatile choice.

Natalian

(0) Hearts

I think we are on the same page, I don't use  shimmer colors much.. I only need on eight shimmer color to add up the look.

floridab

Naked Basic pallette!!!  It's a great everyday pallette, great for travel and complements other pallettes you may have. Like others have said, the shadows blend well and are long lasting. 

jozkid

I really love Naked Basics! I actually use it almost every day (probably because I'm running late and I don't have to think about it). The colors are neutral and universal, they go on smooth, blend beautifully. And you can go very light and natural or layer up and make them smoky. Is it the most fun palette out there? No. Is it a workhorse? You betcha!

rdesigns

I agree - it is not the funnest palette out there, but it sure is a workhorse.  I like that the colors are matte.  I often blend it with other palettes when I want a little more oomph though :smileyhappy:

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi Natalian!

If you are willing to spend an additional $20, I also highly recommend the original Urban Decay Naked Palette. This palette has every color you will ever need and the quality of these shadows is incredible! If you don't want to invest in the Naked Palette, I think you should get the Naked Basics palette, because it has 6 great shades you can wear every day.

upload_7577590475479199632.jpgupload_1836614297750258038.jpg

Best,
Randee
Natalian

(0) Hearts

Thank you

I don't wear eyeshadow  or make up everyday. I only use a few colors for eyeshadow. which created everyday simple look .

I bought Naked 1 and 2 before then i realized I did not use much colors from the set... I just want to narrow down the  color i need .

lylysa

Didn't you mention already having the Smashbox Trio in Filter in your previous post?

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/Natural-eyeshadow-Look-with-the-Palettes-I-have-Help/m-p/139123...

If you're looking to narrow down use of colors for more simplistic looks and you already have the N1 and N2 from UD, try using shades from those two palettes:

(N2 on top, N1 on bottom)

There are dozens of ways to use the two palettes above to create the basic looks that I outlined in your thread from yesterday. Use the guide lines of a neutral, soft shade applied with a loose, soft brush for an all-over color if you want a quick, one shade option. If you want to build on that, follow up with a deeper, richer color on the outer corner of the eye and even into the crease, and then a darker more intense shade to intensify that if need be. You can play with the satin finish shadows in the N1 and N2 palettes in softer shades for a brow highlight to add a touch of dimension to eyes.

I wouldn't recommend getting the NBasics palette if you already have the N1 and N2, you can always take a matte neutral and dust down on a satin finish shade to matte it touch a touch and tone the reflective nature down. If you haven't gotten the Smashbox Trio in Filter yet, you can easily find shades similar to what's in the trio within the N1 and N2.

Natalian

Yep, that is me :smileyhappy:

Sorry for ask a lot of questions, Because when I started doing make up I really love lipsticks , so I bought so many lipsticks... some colors I used quite few times, some colors I never used at all. I realized they expired too.

I gave to my friends  few.

On the eyeshadows, I don't want to waste money to buy colors like lipsticks so Only buy the colors I need, Plus I don't wear make up  everyday.

I just exchange my Smashbox trio to store credit to get the palettes  that I can use most of the colors. 

I really have  a hard times to get the eyeshadow colors. 

heartsmyface

Hehe, maybe she's looking for someone to enable her to buy another palette? ;D We're here for you if that's the case Natalian! I agree the Naked Basics is a real staple for (lol surprise!!!) basic neutral eyes. 

Natalian

(0) Hearts

Thanks

lecia1167

Yep, I love Naked 1. It gives you the option of being totally neutral to really making your eyes dramatic. Very versatile.

rdesigns

I have actually been using the Smashbox Full Exposure palette non-stop since purchasing it about a month or so ago...   I have not used any of my other palettes since purchasing it.  I am 50+, and I like the blend of colors, and I found that I can tone-down some of the sparkles by applying the shades with a damp brush.  

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

I've been eyeing that palette....

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 31 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • mpas
    • lylysa