trizienne

Urban Decay Naked 2 -from Sephora - Fake or not?

(0) Hearts

Hi! I also this Urban Decay om Naked 2 from Sephora.
However upon opening it at home, I noticed that the names of the palettes were not centered on the pans. I looked at reviews of fake Urban Decay 2 and this was always mentioned.

Do you guys think this is fake or just a defect in manufacturing?

trizienne

Re: Urban Decay Naked 2 -from Sephora - Fake or not?

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone!

I just wanted to ask because I saw from another thread that she bought hers from Sephora and it was absolutely fake! Link here: 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/fake-products-being-sold-at-Sephora/m-p/545987

makeMARYup

My friend has this and hers are just like this. I know ALOT of people who have it and all of theirs are like this! There is nothing to be worried about!

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

Uh its obvious its authentic

trizienne

(0) Hearts

Doesn't hurt to ask eh!?

katie1724

Sephora deals directly with the manufacturer, so no, it's not fake -- these things happen in mass production, unfortunately. If it really bothers you, I would exchange it. 

keelybt

Hi ladies, It's not uncommon for Urban Decay to have this issue. :smileysad: We do get everything directly from them, so if you ordered it, it's not fake.  There seems to be a quality control issue with their palettes. People have noticed what appear to be swipe marks or fingerprints and Urban Decay said that their workers do press in any shadows that may be loose and assured us they are wearing gloves when doing so. You can definitely exchange it at the store so you can take a look at the palette first.

krgy77

(0) Hearts

I bought mine at Sephora in February. I definitely don't think it's fake, but it does not have a batch number on the back and everyone keeps saying that the real ones do. Any info there?

Gaffarilla

(0) Hearts

It's possible that a previous customer bought the palette and returned a knock off. Afterward they resell the real product elsewhere. Unfortunately, that is a very common scheme in my city. Unless the company changed the names for some reason that has yet to be announced?

katie1724

[ Edited ]

Sephora does not resell used merchandise from returns; they send it back to the manufacturer. To be honest, I don't believe they resell unused merchandise, either (unless it's actually sealed, which few products are) -- otherwise, there's no way to guarantee that it is actually unused / sterile. 

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

Weird… I assume it is a factory mistake. You could probably exchange it just incase. Do swatches look like the normal naked 2 palette? The colours in the pan look exactly like mine.

IllegallyBlonde

(0) Hearts

I doubt if you ordered from Sephora it could be a fake... where would it come from?!?! Gosh, I hope not. I think it's probably just an error.

trizienne

(0) Hearts

That's what I want to believe too until I saw a thread that said one person got a fake one at Sephora.

friedrice

(0) Hearts

omg! I hope it's not fake.

Mine is like this and I ordered it at Sephora online.

trizienne

(0) Hearts

This creeps me out as I saw some dupes out there that comes really close!
I don't want to think it's fake because I did buy it directly from the store.

Do you mind sharing a photo of the one you have?

friedrice

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

ikr! :/ I attached some pics of my Naked2.

If you can see, from Foxy to Suspect, they are all off centered. The other shadows are fine

NAKED 2-1.jpg

NAKED 2-2.jpgNAKED 2-3.jpgNAKED 2-4.jpg

trizienne

Thank you!

Yes, this is exactly how mine is.

Did you just purchased this recently?

friedrice

(0) Hearts

yw! Yes, I bought it last August. 

roxystar4

Maybe a moderator could weigh in on this issue?  I would have the same concern if I got home and saw that.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • katie1724
    • friedrice
    • roxystar4
    • krgy77
    • gingerblack