ngocn

Urban Decay Naked, 1, 2, and 3 or too face Chocolate Bar, SMASHBOX Full Exposure

[ Edited ]

In all the eyeshadow Palettes Sephora have, Which one do you like the most.Urban Decay Naked, 1, 2, and 3 or too face Chocolate Bar, SMASHBOX Full Exposure Palette. or else would you recommend. The colors as well as pigmented. which one you can create more look?You can either use for everyday look as well as smoke eyes. Thank you

Few people recommend Lorac Pro since Sephora does not carry it any more.

Help Pick 

lorac_propalette001.jpgtoofaced_chocolatebarpalette001.jpgurbandecay_nakedpalette008.jpgurbandecay_nakedthree001.jpgurbandecay_nakedtwo001.jpgsmashboxfullexposurepalette.jpg

sammiebaby

Re: Urban Decay Naked, 1, 2, and 3 or too face Chocolate Bar, SMASHBOX Full Exposure

(0) Hearts

I have all the Naked palettes and love them all!  I reach more for my Naked more than Naked 2 or 3 (mostly cuz I like the bronze warm tones).  I have created plenty of looks with my Naked and feel its really versatile.   I also just got the Kat Von D Monarch palette and I'm loving it! 

Biedazzle

Re: Urban Decay Naked, 1, 2, and 3 or too face Chocolate Bar, SMASHBOX Full Exposure

(0) Hearts

UD Eyeshadow in general is my favorite. I love both naked 2 and 3, depending on what colors you're looking for. I personally stay away from Smashbox shadows because they weren't very pigmented in previous palette's I've tried. 

I've heard great things about Lorac Pro though and I probably would've bought it during the sale if Sephora was still carrying it. 

MK89

(0) Hearts

I own both the Lorac Pro and Chocolate Bar and love them both. Lorac Pro is of slightly better quality and pigmentation and has a better variety of colors though :smileyhappy:

snowshoe

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

LORAC's Pro Palette is well worth ordering online from LORAC or going to Ulta for.  It's a fantastic, versatile palette.

But of the others you listed, Too Faced Chocolate Bar is the best one of the lot.  High quality, good range of colors, good range of textures, no major glitterbombs or extremes.  The scent may be the only real deal breaker depending on how sensitive your nose is, though to be honest it's rather subtle and fades as soon as you apply it (meaning you don't walk around smelling like chocolate).  

annypoo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I would go either for the lorac pro or the naked 1. The lorac pro is more versatile since it a wider combo of matte and shimmer shades. The pigmentation is amazing!! The shadows are so buttery smooth. Out of all the nakeds I own, the naked 1 is still my favorite. I love sin! I also own the chocolate bar and although pigmentation is good, I think UD and lorac's pigmentation is just a bit better. I swatched the Smashbox one is stores and some of the colors just didn't feel as buttery to me.

mklcornell

I own all of these (I know, I have a problem), and I would go with whichever of the Naked Palettes suits your skintone best. Naked 1 is warm golds and bronzes; Naked 2 is cool taupes and silvers, and Naked 3 is rose-based pinks and coppers. Depending on your skin tone, you may prefer one to the other - I personally prefer the Naked 2. All of them have mostly shimmer shades and a few mattes. You really just can't go wrong.

Lorac Pro really is lovely as well, and it is a close second for me, but there is a ton of fall out from the shadows, and it makes a bit of a mess.

The formula of the Smashbox Full Exposure isn't quite as good as the UD Naked palettes, although if you specifically love matte shadows, the mattes are great, but I find the glitters hard to wear.

Too Faced Chocolate Bar has some hits and some misses. The shimmer shades are absolutely stunning, and I would say that they are on par with the Naked palettes. The shades in the bottom left corner of this palette, especially that gold on the bottom row, are unbelievable. The mattes are nice and soft as well, but there are a couple shadows in there that are just non functional in this palette - chalky, odd, hard to blend (specifically that maroon on the bottom, the purple, and the burgundy above the purple).

Hope that helps!

IttyxBittyxMe

Lorac Pro Palette all day every day.

It is the only palette I have out of my 16 palettes that I can reach for at least once or more a week to use something out of, it's super versatile.

I had NAKED1, returned it. Had NAKED 3, returned it.

I have be Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and while it smells nice and the colors are pretty, I still reach for my LP palette more.

NAKED3 swatches, left eye has the primer, right eye does not

7FAC74FF-F092-4B42-B2F5-E56E0F4159CC.JPG

TF Chocolate Bar swatches. The inner portion of my eye has just primer [Tarte 12 hour primer] and the outer part of my eye has a white base [Coastal Scents Camo Quad Concealer - White Color].

E6B44005-F4B0-4819-B489-666633524789.JPG

LP Swatches, no primer or base used.

1BCA4A57-4075-499C-AC2D-BB3EA662185B.JPG

andyhtrieu

I agree, the Lorac Pro Palette is way more versatile because there's an equal amount of shimmer and matte shades.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I have Naked 1 and 2, and am currently trying (having difficulty with Nordstrom currently..) to get the Smashbox. I love their shadows a lot, and the best part about it is the matte and shimmers! It depends mostly on what types of colors and finishes you like the best. If you are a fan of more rose gold shades, get the Naked 3. If you like cool undertones, I would say Naked 1, or warm I would go with Naked 1. If you prefer matte shades, I would go with the Smashbox or the Lorac. I do not know much about the Two Faced, so I can not offer much details about that one.

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

I have tried everything except for Lorac pro palette. I love all of them, but I find myself reaching for Naked 1 the most. It is truly the BEST!

Chocolate bar: not a big fan of the packaging.

Naked 2 and Naked 3: some shades can be a miss :smileysad:

Full exposure: the matte shades are very chalky.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • sammiebaby
    • lillyjumper
    • ivyxox
    • snowshoe
    • IttyxBittyxMe
    • MK89