TheSocialQuota

Urban Decay - Honey shadow/liner

Does anyone have any dupe swatches for the UD honey color? I'm utterly depressed that I haven't found anything that quite comes close to the brassiness it has, as most other colors come up as straight gold (el Dorado) or gold-brown (Baked) without the brightness.

Looking to match this with Smog, thus the focus on this being a tonal brightness.

All suggestions welcome and thank you! <3

EvangelineDamon

Re: Urban Decay - Honey shadow/liner

Hey girl.

I just saw this, so sorry I am late to suggest.

What do you think of trying some of the L'Oreal Infallible shadows?

Now that I see them side by side, UD Honey does seem a tad bit brighter. 

What about Maybelline's Gold Rush?

Good luck on your search!

TheSocialQuota

The Eternal Sunshine/Gold Imperial actually looks pretty close. This search for "Honey" seemed a lot easier at the start. :smileyhappy: I love all the suggestions, because I had no idea how many shades of golds there were out there. it makes me so happy. :smileyvery-happy:

EvangelineDamon

It is almost overwhelming to find a specific shade!

There is just too many shadows out there (high-end and drugstore!)..

I was looking at the swatches I have in my phone and I only have two gold shadows that are similar to what you're looking for, but not really....

This one is from the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Vegas Strip/Light Bronzer eye shadow/"bronzer" however the gold might be too pale.

I have another gold from the Body Shop, but it is even lighter than this one..

Hopefully you find what you're looking for...if I find any other golds, I shall send them your way.

TheSocialQuota

Goodie, I appreciate it in advance! The gold from PF looks exactly like my Queen Phyllis shade. I love autumn, for pumpkin spiced everything and fall colors like these. ^-^

Bonus kitty pictures, it is themed correctly.

kitteh.JPGAutumn.JPG

TheSocialQuota

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have Soundtrack on order, but I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with the dupe. Ulta didn't mind me coming in to swatch some Urban Decay against the Soundtrack. I found the Sila metal Comex with gilded was a breathtaking shade. Not sure if the shade was worth $64 total and my arm started itching from the glitter. rats. Also, did not see Moondust. Double rats.

Urban Decay on the Top.

Half Baked - Easy Bake - Smog (smudged) - Toasted smudged

Bare Minerals - Soundtrack

Speaker Box - Remix - Louder -Rhythm

WP_20140817_007[1].jpg

TheSocialQuota

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the suggestions, and so quickly! I'll reply back with what I end up in my hands. :smileywink:

SydBristow

Temptalia loves UD Honey and lists Inglot #430 as the closest match. :smileyhappy:

TheSocialQuota

(0) Hearts

This is on my list to swatch, just need to get in to an Inglot store sometime. :smileyhappy:

melissabt

Hi TheSocialQuote,

I checked some swatches online and it looks like a pretty yellow gold shade. I think that: Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Stargazer is a good dupe.

lime gold.jpg

Or the Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in 11 Gold

11.jpg

<3 Melissa
gingerblack

this kind of looks similar. it is called "the soundtrack"

upload_8350015950950252957.jpg

TheSocialQuota

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I picked this up because the shades are good, so thank you for the recommendation. The copper color is WOW.

It is sadly not Honey, but I think I just need to come to terms with that. :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

I have Urban Decay Honey eyeshadow and love that general color range. Some that I have that are somewhat similar are NYX Dolce. Maybe MAC Amber Lights, or Goldmine (I don't have that one but it looks nice online). I also have Stila 14k but that might be more yellow, less gold.

Good luck! Let us know what you find!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • gingerblack
    • SydBristow
    • EvangelineDamon
    • TheSocialQuota