ToriElaine

Upper lash-line eyeliner?!?

(0) Hearts
Hi everyone! I'm 14 and I really want to start putting eyeliner on the upper lash-line of my eye instead of just my water-line. I'm not sure if I should use liquid, gel, or pencil! Please help, and if you have any suggestions on what brand I should use that would be very helpful(:
mm124

Re: Upper lash-line eyeliner?!?

(0) Hearts

Im 14 as well, and I use a pencil eye liner. I personally think this is the best, and ive been using the same pencil liner for a year! Liquid liner can melt off your face, and gel liner can be very hard to use for a beginner, like me. The best thing about pencil liner is that you can mattify over it with a dark black eyeshadow, using a liner brush. I do this, and it gives me a smoky eye look, as well as keeps the product on my eyes basically all day. Definitly go with the eye pencil, its so easy to use and you can get so good at it with practice. Plus, it has the cheapest product options. I hope this helps! Good luck

xElizabeth

(0) Hearts

Pencils are the easiest to use, try Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on pencils, if you're looking for drugstore pencils then Rimmel London's Soft Kohl Liners and "Special Eyes" Precision Liners are great and are only $4 each. (:

sydneydavinaa

(0) Hearts

Im 14 too and im super into makeup and ive been experimenting with makeup for a while now and 

My Top Pencil eyeliner: Makeup Forever Eye kohl

My top Liquid eyeliner: Lancome artliner (kinda expensive so worth it!)

Top gel eyeliner: Mac Black track fluidline but kinda a tricky product

hope this helped 

bchen506

(0) Hearts

Just want to throw it out there that Sephora's holiday kit - Draw The Line Eyeliner Sampler could be a good choice for you as well. The color is all black, but it comes in pencil form, eyeliner form, and liquid gel. You can experiment with different types and brands at the same time to see what works for you. I believe it's $28, sold out online, but I still saw them in stores when I went this wknd. 

lylysa

Allywally said it best, for starters, use pencil. Go for creamy textured pencils that are longwearing, like MUFE's Aqua Eyes or Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On pencils. Both are waterproof but can be gently removed and have a richly pigmented, creamy base so you can blend and soften the line or easily fix mistakes. Always make sure the pencil is sharpened, rest the elbow of your hand you will be using to line on something steady, have your eye closed and even looking downward to keep the lid taut, then go for applying. Some folks draw from the outside inward and some from the inside out, if you have difficulties drawing a straight line, draw a few dashes along the lash line and go back with a smudge brush or q-tip and blend to a solid and smooth line.
beautytester

Start with pencil. It's easier, less messy/fussy, and more sanitary (just use a clean pencil sharpener). I would recommend Sephora nano eyeliner, they are mini but effective and are just $5 each. It's great for experimenting with different colors and convinient for traveling or keeping in your purse/pocket etc. It might get a bit dry and hard after months of unuse, just sharpen it again to expose the creamier texture again.

You asked just at the right time when the holiday sets come in! If you like experimenting, here are some sets you might be interested in ($16-$30 for 5 or 6 different colored pencils):

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Flashy Eyeliner Set

http://www.sephora.com/flashy-eyeliner-set-P376033?skuId=1428135

SEPHORA+PANTONE UNIVERSE - Foiled Waterproof Eyeliner Set

http://www.sephora.com/foiled-waterproof-eyeliner-set-P376162?skuId=1460930

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear Waterproof Set

http://www.sephora.com/jumbo-liner-12hr-wear-waterproof-set-P376035?skuId=1428127

Sephora eyeliners are good, but not spectacular. Once you've got the technique down and figure out your favorite colors, then plurge for a high end one like Urban Decay, MUFE or Smashbox or something.

ToriElaine

thank you soso much, this helped a bunch!
allywally101

Hi there! 

I saw your question and I thought I could help you out! If your just starting out (and you are!) it will be easiest to start with a pencil. This is because liquid or gel liners are very tricky to get used to. I recommend trying a liquid after you start to get a steady hand (as this is important in order to get each eye equal)! As for brands, I find that any of sephoras pencil liners glide on smoothly and don't wear off during the course of the day. They are also long- lasting an inexpensive! Hope this helped!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautytester
    • bchen506
    • ToriElaine
    • allywally101
    • sydneydavinaa